Looking for some Wall SayingsRegister Today!
- by nkochrn Jan 27, '11I'm looking for some good ideas!!!
My hospital is remodeling the labor and delivery unit and we'd like to find a saying to put above the door as you enter. I plan to cut it out with vinyl using my cricut. We'd also like to find some nursery sayings.
- Jan 27, '11 by ElvishOne bumper sticker that I've seen and liked:
"Midwives help people out"
Perhaps your unit could modify 'midwives' to whatever nouns you find most appropriate. Just a thought...
ETA - I could see this being sticky for IUFDs and such....so might not work.Last edit by Elvish on Jan 27, '11
- Jan 27, '11 by LouisVRNI work med/surg not L&D but we had a patient send us a metal sign that says "All things are possible" It is above the break room at work and I think in general it is a nice saying to have.
- Jan 27, '11 by mamabear4Here are some of my favorites:
Ten tiny little fingers that always want to play,
That never stop exploring the wonder of today.
Ten tiny little fingers that from the very start,
Will reach out for tomorrow yet always hold your heart.
-- Author Unknown
A new baby is like the beginning of all things, hope, a dream of possibilities. ~ Anonymous
A mother's joy begins when a new life is stirring inside...when a tiny heartbeart is heard for the first time, and a playful kick reminds her that she is never alone. ~ Anonymous
As for your entrance there is...
Woman is the artist of the imagination,
and the child in the womb is the canvas
whereon she paints her pictures.
Parascelsus, 15th century physician or
Childbirth is more admirable than conquest,
more amazing than self-defense,
and as courageous as either one.
- Jan 28, '11 by gapeacheykeen“watch your thoughts, for they become words. watch your words, for they become actions. watch your actions, for they become habits. watch your habits, for they become character. watch your character, for it becomes your destiny."
- Nov 16, '11 by frozenpeachBeing a nurse & having a OB/GYN as a husband, and having 4 kids myself, I would say, "You just think you want it out" and going into the OB OR for c-sections, you can have something like "Where's your doula now?"
There's always, the ever encouraging 'Millions of women do this everyday' which was actuallly said to me by a nurse during labor with my first.
'Let's make like a baby and head out'
'Best inventions ever-Epidurals, Chocolate, Earrplugs, & Great Nurses!'
'Just remember-this child will be taking care of you one day & you know what they say about payback!'
'Insane Asylum / Maternity'
Everything is so serious at that moment, they need to laugh.