Nursing Books for Nurses and Nursing Students
Nursing books! NCLEX books! HESI books! Whether your goal is to improve your skills or passing the NCLEX, allnurses.com can help. We have created a list of books and NCLEX flash cards for your educational needs. The books are provided based on feedback from the community. If you believe a book should be listed here please contact us.
Publication Date: March 1, 2011 | ISBN-10: 1607148447 | ISBN-13: 978-1607148449
Fully revised and updated to include the latest and most tested medications on the NCLEX-RN exam.
The medication questions that appear on the NCLEX-RN exam can be complicated and challenging. Flashcards are an ideal format for busy nursing students studying between classes, during breaks at clinical, or during their spare time. Kaplan NCLEX-RN Exam Medications in a Box gives students a detailed review of the 300 medications most frequently found on the test, including the medications' trade and generic names, drug families, side effects, and nursing considerations.
Kaplan NCLEX-RN Exam Medications in a Box is a comprehensive review of everything a nursing student needs to know on test day, from allergy and asthma medications to women's health. Kaplan is the leader in NCLEX test prep strategy, offering the most proven strategies and the hardest questions.
Publication Date: October 16, 2012 | ISBN-10: 0470657820 | ISBN-13: 978-0470657829
Writing for Publication in Nursing and Healthcare is an invaluable guide to ‘getting it right’, focusing on all aspects of writing for publication. It will help the reader to develop skills in writing articles, book reviews and other forms of publications, and can also be used as an aide-memoir for editors and journal/book reviewers.
- How to get started
- How to write various forms of publication including abstracts, papers, book reviews, journal articles and books
- Good practice in reviewing
- The editorial process
- Ethical and legal aspects of publishing
Offering guidance, tips, examples and activities, this practical ‘how-to’ book written by experts in the field will be essential reading for all nurses and health care professionals.
Publication Date: September 1, 2011 | ISBN-10: 0764146688 | ISBN-13: 978-0764146688
A multi-part model exam plus many shorter tests in each of this book's chapters will give nursing school applicants orientation and preparation before they take an actual nursing school entrance exam. Though entrance exams vary from one school to another, this manual offers comprehensive coverage of virtually all possible test topics. The book presents a detailed description of the nursing profession, its duties, responsibilities, and career satisfactions. A self-assessment questionnaire that follows will help readers decide if nursing is the right career choice for them. Also provided are strategies designed to improve test-takers' study skills and reasoning ability, as well as a subject review that covers verbal skill-building, reading comprehension, math, and science.
Publication Date: February 7, 2012 | ISBN-10: 1609785665 | ISBN-13: 978-1609785666
This guide presents focused and effective strategies for passing the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical (or Vocational) Nurses (NCLEX-PN) - now it features access to Kaplan's top tutors, online NCLEX-PN Question Bank, and downloadable procedure checklists.
The Kaplan NCLEX-PN includes:
* A practice test based on the most up-to-date information with detailed answer explanations
* Information on the exam's content and structure
* Access to Kaplan's NCLEX-PN 20-item Question Bank
* A free sample of Kaplan's store of thousands of online practice questions
* Downloadable procedure checklists
* Access to a Live Online event with a top Kaplan tutor
* Downloadable portable eBook version free from the Kaplan Online Companion.
Those taking the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical (or Vocational) Nurse Exam will find all of the information needed to guarantee a successful completion of this vital exam.
The leader in the NCLEX test prep category, Kaplan was the first to market and offer the most proven strategies including the hardest questions and guarantees that readers will pass using this guide; competitors do not.
Publication Date: October 12, 2012 | ISBN-10: 1451183763 | ISBN-13: 978-1451183764
The 2013 Lippincott's Pocket Drug Guide for Nurses provides current, vital drug information “in a nutshell for the nurse on-the-go.” Based on the popular Lippincott’s Nursing Drug Guide by Amy Karch, this handy pocket guide by the same author gives essential information on over 1,400 medications in an easy-access A-to-Z format.
The “mini” drug monographs include generic and trade names, drug class, pregnancy risk category and controlled substance schedule, “black box” warnings, indications & dosages, dose adjustments, adverse effects, drug interactions, nursing considerations, and patient teaching. Detailed appendices cover topical and ophthalmic medications, laxatives, combination products, contraceptives, and biological agents (vaccines).
The pocket-sized 2013 Lippincott's Pocket Drug Guide for Nurses will quickly become your go-to-guide for important drug facts and vital patient safety tips & alerts.
Publication Date: October 9, 2012 | ISBN-10: 0470659181 | ISBN-13: 978-0470659182
Manual of Perioperative Care is a comprehensive manual of principles of care designed to support the clinical practice of perioperative practitioners, whether they are nurses or operating department practitioners. This book sets out to meet the needs of those studying perioperative practice as well as those who would like an up to date comprehensive reference on their bookshelf. It covers the fundamentals involved in perioperative practice, setting modern surgical care into its complete environment and context.
With a practical, accessible focus, aided by full colour illustrations, this book follows the journey that the patient makes through their surgical care, with sections on:
- The foundation for safe and effective perioperative care
- Infection prevention and control
- Patient safety and managing risks
- Different patient care groups
- Approaches to surgery
This book will be essential reading for all students on perioperative courses, and newly qualified perioperative nurses and operating department practitioners.
Publication Date: February 7, 2012 | ISBN-10: 1609785657 | ISBN-13: 978-1609785659
In order to become a registered nurse (RN) in the United States graduates must pass the NCLEX-RN test. Kaplan NCLEX-RN 2011-2012 Edition with CD-ROM is the only book to combine test prep strategies with a comprehensive content review designed to meet the challenges of this rigorous exam.
Kaplan NCLEX-RN 2011-2012 Edition with CD-ROM features:
- 15 percent more NCLEX-RN questions
- Two practice tests
- Detailed answer explanations
- In-depth analysis of NCLEX-RN question types
- Access to NCLEX-RN Live Online courses with top Kaplan tutors
Kaplan is the leader in NCLEX test prep strategy. We guarantee that readers will pass the NCLEX-RN exam using our guide'or get their money back.
Publication Date: June 7, 2011 | ISBN-10: 1607146657 | ISBN-13: 978-1607146650
The most detailed, portable, and easy-to-use guide to help students pass the NCLEX-RN!
Prospective nursing students looking for the best guide on the market to help prepare them for the NCLEX-RN are turning to Kaplan. Nursing students are constantly on-the-go, and they need study materials that fit in with their busy lifestyle. Kaplan NCLEX-RN: Medications You Need to Know for the Exam is the best pocket-sized and portable guide available for nursing students to assist in their preparation.
In Kaplan NCLEX-RN: Medications You Need to Know for the Exam, students will find everything they need to learn about commonly seen medications on the test, including:
- Information on 300 frequently tested medications, with their common names, phonetic pronunciations, and drug families
- Detailed descriptions of nursing considerations and must-know side effects for each medication
- The latest JCAHO-approved medical abbreviations to help prepare for the exam
Kaplan teaches to the NCLEX-RN. We provide the tools students need to develop critical thinking skills to successfully answer exam-level questions. We review the nursing content that is frequently tested, but more importantly, we show students how to use this knowledge to make nursing judgments. This gives students the confidence and knowledge they need to walk into the exam prepared and ready to pass. With Kaplan NCLEX-RN: Medications You Need to Know for the Exam, students know that they are getting the most up-to-date and expert information available to prepare for the NCLEX-RN.
Publication Date: September 15, 2011 | ISBN-10: 1437706940 | ISBN-13: 978-1437706949
HESI and Saunders, the most trusted names in NCLEX exam preparation, are teaming up to bring you the ultimate online review resource! Combining the testing expertise of HESI with the market-leading nursing content of Saunders, HESI/Saunders Online Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination provides the most interactive, individualized review available for the NCLEX exam. This one-of-a-kind test prep tool offers a wealth of illustrations, animations, and audio, plus strategic HESI Live Review videos to help clarify key concepts and keep you motivated to study. Furthermore, a pre-assessment test creates a personalized study calendar that is tailored to your individual review needs and guides you through 10 interactive modules of nursing content, review, and 2,500 NCLEX exam-style practice questions. With a cost that's a fraction of similar NCLEX exam prep resources, HESI/Saunders offer the best, most effective review bang for your buck!
- Completely up-to-date content reflects the newest NCLEX-RN test plan
- A Test-Taking Strategies Overview provides reliable and innovative insights into the NCLEX exam and its various question types
- Ten self-paced review modules are organized by Client Needs, the blueprint of the NCLEX test plan, featuring:
- 50 Lessons that provide a complete review of nursing content
- Quizzes and Self-Check Questions that strengthen your understanding
- Case Studies that help you apply your knowledge to real-world scenarios
- Animations, illustrations, audio, and video that enhance key content by demonstrating skills and procedures
- Strategic HESI Videos simulate an actual HESI Live Review course, with an experienced nursing instructor explaining challenging topics and walking you through difficult questions
- 2,500 high-quality practice questions, including:
- A 75-question Pre-Test that assesses your individual strengths and weaknesses and generates a personalized study calendar
- A 75-question Post-Test that measures your growth from the start of the course
- Ten 100-question Module Exams that evaluate your mastery of core nursing content
- Five 100-question Crossing the Finish Line: Practice Exams that reinforce your readiness for the big test
- A 265-question Comprehensive Exam that makes sure you're completely prepared for the NCLEX exam
- Additional questions and quizzes in the modules
- Rationales and Test-Taking Strategies are provided with every question
- Alternate Item Formats are fully supported, including:
- Multiple Response
- Prioritization/Ordered Response
- Figure/Hot Spot
- Graphic Option
- Exam Reports demonstrate your performance on measures of Content Area, Client Needs category, Integrated Process, Level of Cognitive Ability, and overall score.
- Learning system functionality available for classroom use, including an announcements page, discussion board, online grade book, and more.
Publication Date: December 4, 2012 | ISBN-10: 0323087000 | ISBN-13: 978-0323087001
Master nursing pharmacology with this helpful study tool! Designed to accompany Clayton, Stock, and Cooper's Basic Pharmacology for Nurses, 15th Edition, this study guide assists you in understanding and applying material from each chapter in the text.
- Includes a question-and-answer Review Sheet for each chapter.
- Fully updated to reflect the textbook's emphasis on medication safety and preparation for the NCLEX Examination.
- Hundreds of review questions, including fill-in-the-blank, matching, and true-false questions.
- Now includes additional questions on dosage calculation to help you prepare for the NCLEX Examination and in-class tests.
Publication Date: January 4, 2013 | ISBN-10: 0071788204 | ISBN-13: 978-978-0071788205
Up-to-the-minute data on 1,000 of the most commonly prescribed medications - with a strong emphasis on patient safety
- Includes branded, generic, and over-the-counter medications
- Organized alphabetically by generic drug name
- Mechanisms of action
- Common usage and dosage
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- Nursing implications
- New drugs
- Patient education
- Expanded list of natural and herbal agents