olympics i am coming to visit.Register Today!
This is a discussion on olympics i am coming to visit. in Nursing in the United Kingdom, part of World Nursing ... anyone know where/if there is a local "brick and Mortar" place to buy tickets for events in london?...by morte Aug 1, '12anyone know where/if there is a local "brick and Mortar" place to buy tickets for events in london? I am staying at hillspring lodge. tried the ticket site for USA, the spot for individual tickets doesn't come up anymore. Previously, Cartan has been in charge, and maintained a location in the city. I checked with them, they aren't involved this time. Is selling tickets on the side walk/around the venue legal in London? That is how i have gotten many of my tickets before. any help will be appreciated.. coming in on the seventh and leaving on the 13th.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=765771©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 715 Views
- Aug 2, '12 by KatieP86Good luck, even Londoners/Brits can't get tickets now from the official site.
There are big screens in Hyde Park where you can watch for free, though.
- Aug 2, '12 by mortedo you know if it is legal for "sidewalk" or other private transactions? I have been to the Olympics 5 times before, and this has been a common practice. sometimes d/t lack of interest, sometimes double booking, so to speak, lol.
- Aug 2, '12 by XB9STicket touting (street sellers) are illegal in the UK
The only legal way to get tickets is via official routes.
- Aug 2, '12 by babyRN.Hopefully they'll start filling some of those seats! A shame that many Britons are out on the streets in London wanting to go in while watching on the screen the empty seats in the stadium...
- Aug 23, '12 by mortewell, i got there, saw 5 different events. didnt get arrested, lol. oft times the empty seats are corporate. at least in the past sponsors are given blocks of seats. if they are not used, voila...emptys spots. I obtained 2 free tickets in Atlanta from a corp rep.
really a pain in the neck about not being able to get into the park without an event ticket, I am betting the income from the mega store was down. The one ticket that i obtained that got me into the park, that evening the reseller was closed, so that did me no good at that point. over all, good trip. Friendly persons, not too hard to get around. Wembly stadium great; Earl's court same.