minor injures /emergency nurse practitioner

  1. 0 Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice regarding becoming an ENP. I have 7 years experience (6.5 in Canada), most in A&E. Currently working as a band 5 nurse in an A&E via an agency.
    I am completing my minor injuries course at university and I am interested in working as an ENP when I finish. Does anyone know if I will have problems due to being a band 5?
    Would I be able to get experience with an agency or bank as an ENP on the side?
    Any input would be greatly appreciated.

  2. Enjoy this?

    Join thousands and get our weekly Nursing Insights newsletter with the hottest discussions, articles, and toons.

  3. Visit  Nurserandy profile page

    About Nurserandy

    Nurserandy has '7' year(s) of experience and specializes in 'everything'. From 'england'; Joined Feb '11; Posts: 12; Likes: 23.

    1 Comments so far...

  4. Visit  skylark profile page
    A lot of NHS hospitals have contracted out their minor injuries areas, mostly to a company called Care UK.
    You might want to read up about them before applying, and of course be aware that working for them does not constitute NHS employment, so the T&C are different, and this might be an issue for your pension, (although if you just moved from Canada, then maybe not).

    They are unlikely to take you from a band 5, unless you can demonstrate ENP type experience in Canada. They seem to mostly poach the ENPs who were in post before took over the contract, so it can be tricky to break into this field.

    Good luck!

Nursing Jobs in every specialty and state. Visit today and Create Job Alerts, Manage Your Resume, and Apply for Jobs.