Clinical hours short of NMC suggestion? - page 7
First of all, I really hope Silverdragon reads this and gives me insight. I have sent out my application as well as all of my paperwork to the NMC for my nursing license, except my training form. I was trained in the US at... Read More
- 0Mar 25, '12 by championlHi guys, for those who have successfully registered with the NMC, what did your hour conversions end up being? Also, how long was your nursing program? My traditional BSN program was 2.5 years, any idea if that will suffice for NMC?
Any other tips you guys have for the application process? It seems like an incredibly tedious and expensive process so all suggestions or things that you guys learned along the way would be helpful!!!
Last question, I want to use Continental Travel Nurse, has anyone successfully worked with them in the last year and is now working overseas?
- 0Mar 26, '12 by Silverdragon102, RN AdminQuote from ericjameshealthYou have 15 posts now so should be able to send a pmWOW, awesome. Ya im trying to PM you, crazy thing wont let me, it says i have to have 15 quality topics, i know i posted on topics a whole lot, im guesing i have to make 15 threads myself... any other way to reach you??
- 0Mar 26, '12 by MuppetAusQuote from Coffee NurseCoffee Nurse I'd love to hear about your experience with them. I haven't been chatty enough to send you a PM.Hi guys -- yes, I am working in the UK now through Continental. PM me if you want more details.
My next step is the ONP so I would really like to know your thoughts about it either good, bad or other. Are the 3 days on campus full days? Do you sit exams or papers on the middle and last day.
I have millions of questions.
Are you sharing a house or did you go out on your own?
How far are you living from your employment?
How do you find the 12hr shifts?
Where you given many options of which health service you could work in?
What has been the biggest surprise/shock?
Ah gee you better tell me what your having for dinner too. lol
Any tips and advice you could give would be greatly appreciated.
- 0Mar 27, '12 by MuppetAusOk don't worry about it.
I don't understand your objection as I'm sure lots of others would like to know the answers and could be helped by your answers and experiences.
I would have thought anything that helps ease the nerves of others moving into a new enviroment, culture and lifestyle would have been a nice gesture. Obviously I'm mistaken.
- 1Mar 27, '12 by babyNP.A little snarky, m'dear! Coffee doesn't owe anything to anyone and this is a free forum, so we post out of our own good will...and there are plenty of excellent reasons why Coffee may not want to talk about stuff publicly...just like many of us don't post too personal stuff because we don't know who is reading this and who may know this is and things being misconstrued.
Personally I've been burned before and it's not out of the realm of reason for other people to not want this either.