What are the correct answers?Register Today!
This is a discussion on What are the correct answers? in Nursing Student Assistance, part of Nursing Student ... Which is absorbed more quickly via the oral route? A. liquid B. powder c. tablet d. capsule ...by missionary4peace Feb 6Which is absorbed more quickly via the oral route?
If during an emergency a physician asks you for your password to the drug cart you should
a. say no
b. say yes and change your password later
c. say yes and notify the proper authorities
d. say yes and not worry about it
What should be checked before administering a drug to a patient (select all that apply)
a. right patient
c. right route
d. right dose
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=813800©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 913 Views
- Feb 6 by gabby20131- C. i say this because you give nitrate sublingually for rapid absorption.
2- B. the patient's needs are priority. Chances are the doctor is looking at what is available at this specifc location ((they work at multiple hospitals))
3. a, c, d. These are apart of the patients rights for medication.
- Feb 6 by missionary4peaceI put A. B and then A.B.C.D. For #2 I put B because I was told to never give out a password but I thought in an emergency I should make an exception & I said to notify the proper authorities just because I thought they should know. On the third onr I included right diagnosis because my instructor said we should know why & for what reason we are giving a med.
Thank you for your answers Gabby I appreciate your input.
- Feb 6 by Jill2ShayIt doesn't say 'rapid disintegrating' tablet though. Just tablet.
- Feb 6 by sali22liquid is fastest. The five rights of med admin are right patient, right time, right med, right dose, right route. While you should know why you are giving the med, that answer isn't correct. As for the password, I don't know I am going to look it up.
- Feb 6 by metal_m0nkA
A, C, and D
- Feb 6 by loriangel14You should be doing your own homework. You will not learn anything by getting us to do it. The answers to these questions should all be in your book. Did you even try to find the answers?
Oops sorry. I missed reading one post.Last edit by loriangel14 on Feb 6
- Feb 6 by ♪♫ in my ♥Liquids are absorbed most readily. In fact, even orally disintegrating tablets like Zofran may not readily disintegrate in a very dry mouth.
Never, EVER give out your password to the drug cart. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER. Ever. Anybody who is supposed to have direct access to the meds WILL have direct access to the meds. Give out your password and some narcs come up short under your name, who do you suppose will take the fall? You... sure, maybe the doc, too, but you for sure. NEVER, EVER, EVER give out your password.
We were taught "five rights" but I have seen some folks pushing up to "ten rights," one of which is "right indication." Even with "ten rights," I've not seen "right diagnosis" so I'd pass on that one.
- Feb 6 by missionary4peaceThank you all for your answers. These were test questions that I couldn't find in my book and not homework. Number 2 still has me perplexed though I like your reasoning music in my heart.
- Feb 6 by sali22Quote from loriangel14The OP did post a comment with the answers they chose and their rationale.You should be doing your own homework. You will not learn anything by getting us to do it. The answers to these questions should all be in your book. Did you even try to find the answers?