Student Nurse PoemRegister Today!
- by croakyfrog Dec 10, '09I'm happy to say that I've survived yet another semester of nursing school . Some of my closest friends have had a hard time though and will have to retake some classes as others of us move on . I really want to find a poem, inspirational for all of us to help us through the rest of nursing school. I'm going to print it out on nice paper and give it to everyone for Christmas. If any of you have any ideas to help us forge on, or renew our spirit, they are greatly appreciated.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=443778©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 11,114 Views
- Dec 10, '09 by Amon RiazSee if you like these?
How Do You Think - Author Unknown
If you think you are beaten, you are;
If you think you dare not, you don't!
If you'd like to win, but you think you can't,
It's almost certain you won't.
If you think you'll lose, you're lost;
For out in the world we find
Success begins with a fellow's will;
It's all in the state of mind!
If you think you're outclassed, you are;
You've got to think high to rise.
You've got to be sure of yourself
Before you 'll ever win the prize.
Life's battles don't always go
To the stronger or faster man;
But sooner or later the man who wins
Is the person who thinks he can!
Don't Quit - Author Unknown
When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow--
You may succeed with another blow.
Often the goal is nearer than,
It seems to a faint and faltering man,
Often the struggler has given up,
When he might have captured the victor's cup,
And he learned too late when the night slipped down,
How close he was to the golden crown.
Success is failure turned inside out--
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far,
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.
- Dec 10, '09 by DaytoniteThis poem is painted on the walls of Methodist Hospital in Arcadia, California:
The reason for this little verse
Is very plain to see
I thought I'd like to be a nurse
To serve humanity
- Dec 12, '09 by missy--kayYou will be mentally stressed.
You will be emotionally challenged.
You will learn how to work together.
You will learn to work alone.
You will learn to speak.
You will learn to be silent.
You will learn to lead.
You will learn to follow.
You will be constructively criticized.
You will be praised.
You will shed a few tears.
You will share in each other's laughter.
You will learn the need to help each other.
You will learn to help yourself.
You will learn to be a part of a group.
You will learn to be yourself - an individual.
You will learn responsibility.
You will learn discipline.
You will learn these things because one day
someone's life will depend on you
You are a nursing student -- you will graduate
You will be, in all it's wonder and glory --
- Dec 12, '09 by croakyfrogThank all of you, great poems! Now, just which one to pick
- Feb 19, '10 by mattalHey guys I have been searching for a poem that my teacher read that says "I do it because I am a nurse"...Anyone ever heard this one, it was really good and I can't find it.