RN student needs help!!Register Today!
This is a discussion on RN student needs help!! in Nursing Student Assistance, part of Nursing Student ... I just finished my third semester, I took Physiology and Anatomy in the last fall and spring. I've...by ESRUN5891 Jul 5, '12I just finished my third semester, I took Physiology and Anatomy in the last fall and spring. I've got a B+ and A on those courses. My problem is I don't remember anything,I watch medical shows on TV and sometimes I don't remember some of the terms that I learned in Anatomy. My questions are is it normal? is it a good idea for me to review A&P before my fall semester starts? I'm afraid by the time my clinical starts, I wouldn't remember anything. Please comment and give me some tips. Thank you
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=753495©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,407 Views
- Jul 5, '12 by Paco-RNYou did just fine in these courses, and most nursing classes that discuss disease process usually do a quick refresher of the corresponding systems. I would not stress out a review on your own.
- Jul 5, '12 by Bloomgirl118I don't think a review would hurt but I don't really think it's necessary. I took my two A&P classes the fall before I applied (I took them as 8-week accelerated courses). By the time I started my nursing program the following August I was sure I ha forgotten everything. I was surprised when we started going over the disease processes and things started coming back. I really struggled with things like acid/base balance but once we talked about how it really affected the whole body, it made so much more sense. Certainly keep any notes and flash cards around for a review but definitely don't stress and good luck!!
- Jul 5, '12 by True BlueI was in a similar situation when I began nursing school almost 2 years ago. For the most part my professors blew past the A&P stuff saying that we should have already had that class but I found that by doing a quick review myself I was able to pick up on the material. I also love watching medical based programs on Discovery Health which I found helpful since I was learning about disease processes while still enjoying myself. You received good grades in A&P so I don't think you should have much of a problem. There is no way you will be able to remember everything! My professors were also big on critical thinking questions so there is no need to memorize everything - if you have a working idea of what is happening in a given disease process you'll have a good shot at identifying appropriate interventions. Good luck!
- Jul 5, '12 by ESRUN5891Thank you all so much
- Jul 6, '12 by VickyRNThread moved to Nursing Student Assistance Forum