Practice Quiz or Test for Health Assessment?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Practice Quiz or Test for Health Assessment? in Nursing Student Assistance, part of Nursing Student ... Hi All, I'm wondering if anyone has any "Health Assessment" multiple choice practice tests. I...by Tanguera Jun 28, '09Hi All,
I'm wondering if anyone has any "Health Assessment" multiple choice practice tests. I am doing well in the class as far as the physical examination goes, but the written multiple choice tests really get to me. I am doing OK on them, but I want more practice so I can get the highest score possible on upcoming exams and quizzes. It definitely takes practice to think like a nurse and to choose the answer that is "most right" rather than choosing a right answer out of a bunch of wrong ones. It's tough to find practice questions b/c all of them are NCLEX-level and I'll need something that's just for Health Assessment since I'm not ready for NCLEX-level questions yet.
We're using "Health Assessment in Nursing" by Weber and Kelley and "Community Health Nursing" by Allender, so if you have any practice questions that are specific to those books that would be appreciated.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=404173©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 30,736 Views
- Jun 30, '09 by BigDreams81You have to read the chapters...Once you do the reading you will be able to pick out what doesnt sound or look right. It can be difficult to practice this stuff so just know your information inside and out as far as health assessment. Thats the only advise I can give you. When reading the questions try to pick the answers that def do not fit. Usually two. Then look at the other two and compare them and choose the one that sounds the best. This can only be executed properly if you KNOW the material. Good Luck
- Sep 27, '10 by BigTunaI did read the chapters (different text), just took an exam and now know that reading and understanding the chapters is not enough. You have to find a way to practice the material. I hope someone can help.
- Sep 28, '10 by itsmejuliGet a Saunder's NCLEX review book. It comes with a cd that has thousands of NCLEX style questions. Practice, practice, practice
- Sep 28, '10 by BigTunaQuote from itsmejuliHave it. Tried to use it. Please tell me - how do you locate/identify problems in this text that relate to the first semester Health Assessment course and do not cover many aspects of nursing you have not yet learned/covered? The book was zero help to me in week 4 of Nursing. I am open to help with using this book or any other tool.Get a Saunder's NCLEX review book. It comes with a cd that has thousands of NCLEX style questions. Practice, practice, practice
- Sep 28, '10 by criticalRN10GOOGLE! That's how I find thousands of multiple choice questions- get really good at googling.
- Sep 30, '10 by BigTunaDude, I am the king of google and online research. I can research the daylights out of any subject. I know how to perform advanced searches, Boolean searches, any kind of search on any kind of database. I know the tricks of filters, using quotes, minus signs and a million other search techniques, but I came up with a big goose egg here. Most results were how to perform an assessment exam, not practice test questions. Yes, I used the words "quiz", "exam", "test", "practice", and a million other things. Show me - please post your link to actual, valuable, worthwhile results!
- Sep 30, '10 by sunkissed75
- Sep 30, '10 by sunkissed75Quote from houlihan75
This may not be what you're looking for after all... It has been a while since I was on this site last and now I see some changes have been made. I am pretty sure they used to have more multiple choice style games... oh well...
- Oct 29, '10 by BigTunaYeah, it didn't have anything worthwhile for a Health Assessment exam.