Nursing Management for Burns
- 0Feb 24, '07 by cancalbloopHello!
Does anyone know of any excellent burn injury websites? I'm looking mostly for nursing interventions or a website that has NCLEX like questions on burns I can answer.
Is there a Critical Care Nurse out there who specializes in Burns that could answer questions I had?
Thanks for your time and resources.
Have a great day!
- 22,115 Visits
- 0Aug 12, '07 by chrisinausHi , im also looking at treatment of burns, in particular, acticoat dressing versus hypafix, or ssd cream versus acticoat...The unfortunate thing about my ER, we dont see the end results, I am only goingon hearsay, i do know hypafix works, but now am told acticoat is wonderful and what everyone is using,, love to hear some replies on what people thinks works best on partial thickness burns..
- 1Aug 12, '07 by Daytonitehi, cancelbloop. . .it's gonna be hard to find the nclex questions unless you search through some printed books of nclex questions. http://dynamicnursingeducation.com/c...id=126&pid=11i have one website for nursing and wound care that i have often posted. you can search through the site for information about wound care of burns:
http://www.worldwidewounds.com/ - world wide wounds. an online resource for dressing materials
and practical wound management information. has links at the bottom of the opening page to acute wounds, dressings and bandages, maggot therapy, miscellaneous, veterinary, diabetic feet, infected wounds, leg ulcers and pressure ulcers.
- http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/burns-topic-overview - types of burns (includes links to pictures and more information)
- http://dynamicnursingeducation.com/c..._id=126&pid=11 - this is just a two-page overview of a continuing education class on nursing burn managment. can't pull up the entire text without paying for it. thought some of the information might be helpful for you.
- http://wps.prenhall.com/chet_burke_m...35063-,00.html - from this chapter on the nursing care of the client with burns of medical surgical nursing by burke, lemone, mohn and brown on the companion website i found this page. there are links to nclex-type questions at the left side
- http://www.ameriburn.org/ - the home page of the american burn association - explore the various links on the menu bar
- http://www.fpnotebook.com/er38.htm - burn management - more links at the left side of the page and within the text
- http://www.emedicine.com/plastic/topic159.htm - burns, resuscitation and early management. you will find many articles on emedicine about burns and burn management by doing a search of "burns" (http://www.emedicine.com/)