Okay, so I'm working with a simulated patient.
The current diagnosis is listed as: 'ORIF (L) Hip 1 day ago', so I'm assuming it's a hip fracture
The previous history's diagnoses are: Systolic Hypertension, COPD, Anemia, GERD, GA, Cardiac dysrhythmia, hermiarthoplasty Left Hip
And the meds are: Advair, Lovenox, Protonix, Theophylline, Prenatal-S Vitamin, Docusate Sodium, Nystatin Troche, Allegra, Lidocaine, Ultram
- Nystatin troche is to prevent a fungal infection, but I'm not sure why something like that isn't listed in the diagnoses? :/
- Lovenox is a heparin, which is an anticoagulant and it'll prevent thrombi from showing up where the ORIF was put in, so I'll say it correlates with the current diagnosis
- Protonix is used to treat or prevent GERD, so it's for the GERD
- Advair Diskus is a bronchodilator, so it's COPD
- Theophylline is also a bronchodilator, so it's also for COPD
- Docusate sodium is to relieve constipation so it's... for the GERD?
- Allegra's an antihistamine... and I have no clue what diagnosis that goes with!
- Lidocaine's for pain, and that has to go with the pain d/t the ORIF a day ago
- Ultram's also for pain, so I'll say it goes with the ORIF
- Prenatal S is for the anemia, since the calcium level's gotta be low
So my question is... what is this patient getting for their Systolic HTN and their Cardiac Dysrhythmia?