I have to interview a registered nurse and write a two page report summarizing the interview. If any RN's could please help me out by answering the following question as descriptive as you can it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
1. Why did you want to be a nurse?
2. What education and training did you recieve to become a nurse?
3. Are you currently employed as a nurse? If so, in what area?
4. What do you like about nursing?
5. What do you dislike about nursing?
6. What are your beliefs and/or concerns for the future of nursing?
Oct 19, '11
1) this is an online forum. you don't know who's answering you or whether it's real or not.
2) your faculty would probably not like it if the way you do you homework is to go immediately to the net and cast your question out there, and wait for an answer. that is not work, and it is not research.
3) go interview a real, live rn, in a clinic, hospital, public health department, or in any of a gazillion places where nurses are found. this, though not explicitly stated, is part of your faculty's intention in making this assignment. don't disappoint them (word to the wise). go, get out there, go!
Oct 20, '11
Quote from jrenee_72
i have to interview a registered nurse and write a two page report summarizing the interview. if any rn's could please help me out by answering the following question as descriptive as you can it would be greatly appreciated. thank you.
1. why did you want to be a nurse?
for job security and for the money is the short answer. i have a lot of nurses in the family and they seem to be pretty well off. they do overtime whenever they need extra money. they have big houses and nice cars. in spite of all this "pros" with being a nurse, i did not choose nursing initially. i did my computer science degree and did not find a related job. i did lpn first and really liked it. the job was/is very rewarding. i was a good nurse and well liked by patients, families, and my boss. so nursing is a good fit for me and i wished i had just gotten my bsn after high school.
2. what education and training did you recieve to become a nurse?
i did lpn initially and bridged to adn rn. i want to work on my bsn soon.
3. are you currently employed as a nurse? if so, in what area?
yes, in snf/subacute and ltc vent.
4. what do you like about nursing?
i like that i am challenged most of the times and have to use my critical thinking skills. i like when patients tell me i am the best nurse or they get upset when i am off or go on vacations and the pay of course.
5. what do you dislike about nursing?
i dislike the management especially cutting staffing and expecting to get everything done. i dislike nurses bullying the newbie nurses and weak nurses. it seems like many of the nurses in my job have a very low self-esteem so they get high when they intentionally look for mistakes and report other nurses and bully them.
6. what are your beliefs and/or concerns for the future of nursing?
hmm...more and more work and less and less staff which means compromised patient care!
hope that helps.