Hello. I have an assignment where I have to interview a new registered nurse (graduated with a BSN in the past 5 years). If someone has time to answer these 10 questions, I'd be appreciative! I only personally know one new BSN, but she is not practicing to be a stay-at-home mom, so that won't exactly help much.
- Do you believe you prepared adequately for your job while you were in nursing school? Why or why not?
- What was most helpful to you as you began to practice in the nursing role as a new nurse?
- Were you given adequate orientation and assistance by others?
- How important is the role of evidenced based practice in your profession?
- Do you work with any ADNs and, if so, can you tell any differences in the way BSNs practice nursing compared to ADNs?
- Have you been able to find a mentor in your profession that has helped you to develop professionally?
- Did you experience reality shock? What was it like?
- Have you had any encounters with lateral violence and if so how did you handle it?
- Are you satisfied with your nursing career now? Do you plan to continue to working as a nurse in the future? Do you plan to study to for a more advanced practice role in the future?
- What advice or suggestions would you have to a new graduate as they begin their first job as a nurse?
Thanks in advance! If a beautiful sole does help with this, please send me a note with your name. I will not sell it or anything. I just need to maintain APA (so, first initial last name is completely acceptable).