I am looking for a nurse manager, past or present, to help me with a paper! I need to interview a nurse on leadership and managing skills. If there is anyone out there who has a few minutes to answer these questions, I would greatly appreciate it. You can post it or e-mail me, but please include you name, degree, and position you held.
Thank you so much,
1. What makes (or what makes you) an effective leader?
2. What do you look for in new nurses when you are hiring?
3. Do you see yourself as more responsible to your nurses or your bosses? Why? How do you deal with situations where you have to choose between the two?
4. What things make one floor (or unit) more desirable than another? (How do you keep turnover rate down?)
5. How do you handle the stress that comes with the job?
6. How do you deal with staffing shortages?
7. Any advice for new (or fairly new) nurses who find themselves in management positions?
Thank you so much!!!