My guide to making the grade during nursing school and maintaining your sanity. - Page 2Register Today!
- Jul 21, '11 by havehopeTyping out a surviving clinicals wouldn't be a bad idea...it could only help! I agree with the above poster i'm going to print this thread out, and yes congrats to passing the exam and having an amazing GPA.
- Jul 21, '11 by MsV.Thank you so much!! This is soooo helpful!!! Can you recommend an NCLEX book that covers by subject? There are so many I wouldn't know were to start :/
- Jul 21, '11 by gcat626_RNI would recommend Saunders comprehensive review, it is an amazing book and it is broken down by category. I used it all throughout nursing school and it is one of the best books out there in my opinion. If anyone else has any other questions please let me know. I am thrilled so many of you liked my post, if there's anything else I can do to help please don't hesitate to ask!!
- Jul 21, '11 by NurseErin83Thank you SO much for this post and for helping to calm my nerves! I start my program on August 29th and the type "A" personality in me is panicking big time!
- Jul 22, '11 by queenjulieQuote from gcat626_RNMy suggestions:You're welcome everyone. I hope you all excell in your studies. I'm thinking about possibly typing a guide for surviving clinicals as well. Thoughts?
1. BE ON TIME. Actually, be early. Trust me.
2. Be in uniform. Your school assigned a uniform because that's what they want you to wear. Wear it.
3. Ask lots and lots of questions--it's better to ask before you do something then to just do it and be wrong.
4. Find out where they keep the alcohol wipes and put 500 of them in your pockets. You will need them eventually.
5. Carry bandage scissors. Even if you never use them to cut off a bandage, they are great for cutting open pill packs.
6. Never, ever leave the floor without reporting off to your instructor, the nurse for your patient, and another student (who will watch your patient while you're on break or at lunch or whatever).
- Jul 22, '11 by cincin1222Quote from gcat626_RNPlease do type a clinical guide I'm starting clinicals and I'm so nervous on what I'm suppose to do since our professor assigned a patient to each of usYou're welcome everyone. I hope you all excell in your studies. I'm thinking about possibly typing a guide for surviving clinicals as well. Thoughts?
- Jul 22, '11 by mommy_5THANKS SO MUCH!!
- Jul 23, '11 by sandanrnstudentI second the idea of s clinical guide