I am a Pre-nursing student, currently taking a nursing 101 class. I don't know if I am in the correct forum, b/c I read that pre-nursing students should be in the pre-nursing forum, but I know that all RNs would be here. Anyhow, my professor assigned a homework that involves us to interview an RN. The thing is, I don't know anyone close to me that is an RN, and I don't know if I should just call a hospital up to interview one (I personally think that's inappropiate, and I overheard one of my classmates doing that). So, if anyone has the time, please email me the answers to the questions below. Thank you so much for your time!!
1. Identify the clinical area of your RN practice.
2. What is your personal philosophy of nursing?
3. How do you use the information learned in nursing school
in order to take care of patients, such as assessment, planning, interventions & evaluation of care delivered?
4. How do you collaborate and communicate with other health professionals?
5. How do you deal with frustrations & stressors on the job?
6. How do you mentor other aspiring professionals?
7. How do you recognize your own limits and ask help as needed?
8. How do you demonstrate a commitment to nursing as a career?
9. How do you demonstrate healthy coping behaviors?
10. How do you participate in lifelong learning (such as seminars, continuing education programs, etc.)
Oct 3, '06
Thanks. It was an honor to help!
Last edit by Tweety on Oct 4, '06