How to handle Pharmacology alongside with nursing classes?
- 0Jan 11, '13 by EMT89What tips do you have for studying? I just took a quiz in Pharmacology and nothing we went over in class was on it :/. I will be reviewing the Pharmacology Success book like crazy since I have a test that has to be taken by next Friday. For the 200 drug names that we have to know, I've started making note cards for them. I bought some dividers with letters to alphabetize them. I have sighned up for tutoring for all 3 nursing related classes. I am taking Pathophysiology as well, and not as worried about that one just due to the amount of times I have had the material -_-.
- 1,679 Visits
- 1Jan 11, '13 by TwiggYou need to memorize by drug class. LOL (atenolol) drugs are your beta blockers. PRIL (lisinopril) drugs are ACE inhibitors. Memorize treatment, uses, side effects, etc. by drug class and don't focus on individual drugs. You are never going to be able to learn 200 drugs per test.
- 3Jan 14, '13 by Esme12 Asst. AdminA ton of work by a AN member.... ♪♫ in my ♥ Jul 24, '11 1
Attached are 12 Word documents which I made when I took pharmacology. All the information was based on the ATI study guide since that constituted the final exam in our class.
They are formatted as 3x5 cards and were printed on individual 3x5 cards.
Have at 'em if you think they'll help... they certainly worked for me.
Again, they are entirely my own creation based on the information out of the ATI book. I make no promises as to their accuracy (though I rocked pharm so they couldn't be too bad).
Feedback is welcome.
- ATI Flash Cards 01, Overview.doc (133.5 KB, 9910 views)
- ATI Flash Cards 02, Antiinfectives.doc (275.0 KB, 6543 views)
- ATI Flash Cards 03, Medications Affecting Immune System.doc (188.5 KB, 4384 views)
- ATI Flash Cards 04, Medications for Pain and Inflammation.doc (214.0 KB, 4564 views)
- ATI Flash Cards 05, Medications Affecting the Nervous System.doc (600.5 KB, 4087 views)
- ATI Flash Cards 06, Medications Affecting the Cardiovascular System.doc (349.0 KB, 4985 views)
- ATI Flash Cards 07, Medications Affecting the Blood.doc (273.0 KB, 3282 views)
- ATI Flash Cards 08, Medications Affecting the Respiratory System.doc (143.5 KB, 3485 views)
- ATI Flash Cards 09, Medications Affecting Fluid, Electrolytes, Minerals, and Renal.doc (227.5 KB, 3463 views)
- ATI Flash Cards 10, Medications Affecting Digestion and Nutrition.doc (199.0 KB, 3176 views)
- ATI Flash Cards 11, Medications Affecting the Endocrine System.doc (245.5 KB, 3399 views)
- ATI Flash Cards 12, Medications Affecting the Reproductive System.doc (189.0 KB, 3408 views)