I am currently taking Dosage Calculations but I am more hands on learning or learning in a classroom, but this class is only offered online! Could someone help me with some problems!!
What is the mcg/min dosage?
What is the gtt/min flow rate?
- A dopamine drip is ordered to infuse at 3mcg/Kg/min. The solution is available in 400mg in 250mL D5W. The patient weighs 155lbs. Using a 60gtt/mL set:
And what are the mcg/min being received.
- The order is to infuse 500mg in 250mL at a rate of 8mL/h. Calculate the mg/h:
- A heparin drip was ordered to infuse at 1250units/h. The solution strength is 20,000units in 500mL D5W. A pump is used to monitor the rate. Calculate the flow.
- IV Rocephin 1gm is reconstituted with 10mL of NS. 500mg Rocephin is to be diluted with 50mL and given over 30min. What is the flow rate using a pump?
In the problem above: What is the mL/h rate?
- An order of 250mg in 5mL is to be diluted to a total of 50mL and given over 70min. how much dilutent should be used?