Five Rights of DelegationRegister Today!
- by VickyRN Oct 29, '05We've all heard about the 6 or 7 Rights of Medication Administration. Did you also know there are 5 Rights to Proper Delegation?
The Five Rights of Delegation
One that is delegable for a specific patient.
Appropriate patient setting, available resources, and other relevant factors considered.
Right person is delegating the right task to the right person to be performed on the right person.
Clear, concise description of the task, including its objective, limits and expectations.
Appropriate monitoring, evaluation, intervention, as needed, and feedback.
- 10,202 Views
- Nov 2, '05 by NemhainI did not know that! Almost nothing was mentioned about delegation in my program; I think it was mentioned twice for about 5 minutes each time.
- Nov 5, '05 by crb613I was taught this in fundamentals....my instructor loved this stuff!
- Nov 5, '05 by HairstylingnurseWow, never even heard of these rights. Thanks for the heads up .
- Nov 9, '07 by VickyRNAnother excellent resource on delegation:
AACN Delegation Handbook, 2nd Ed.