End Stage Renal Disease
- 0Apr 8, '13 by kitty12loveThere is a patient where i am working who is diagnosed with ESRD. End Stage Renal Disease i was ask by my lecturer to describe how the pathophysiology of ESRD causes the symptoms.... help please!!!
- 2Apr 8, '13 by traumaRUs, MSN, APRN, CNS AdminWhat do you have so far?
Here are some resources:
End Stage Renal Disease Pathophysiology - HealthCentral
End-stage kidney disease: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia
There are many causes of ESRD, the most common in the US are HTN and DM. Will move this to nursing student assistance.
- 0Apr 8, '13 by GrnTea, BSN, MSN, RNWhat does your book tell you about it? What have you found out about nursing care for these people?
(Hint: AllNurses is not "Ask Jeeves." Tell us what you have and we'll help you with whatever is unclear or confusing, but we don't give you the answers to your faculty's assignment for you.)
- 0Apr 8, '13 by KelRN215, BSN, RNQuote from kitty12loveYou took anatomy and physiology, right? What do the kidneys do? When they don't work, what happens?There is a patient where i am working who is diagnosed with ESRD. End Stage Renal Disease i was ask by my lecturer to describe how the pathophysiology of ESRD causes the symptoms.... help please!!!
- 0Apr 9, '13 by Esme12, BSN, RN Senior ModeratorWelcome to AN! The largest online nursing community!
We are happy to help but we need your input first. Why do you think it happens? Tell us and we will jump in and help! If your body can no longer filter wastes....what happens? It becomes toxic to the body right? Now why does that happen.