Quote from Renee96
We have not went over this yet so I'm pretty much just taking a chance but for the first one I did it like this
1. 1000g/45*60= 1,333 I'm pretty sure that's wrong
3. I didn't do 3 because I figure it was like 2 and I'm not sure if I even did 2 or even 1 right
1. 1g is the dose not the volume. In order to calculate the flow rate, you need to use the volume in mL. You need to infuse 100 mL in 45 min, not 1,000 mL.
2. What you are doing here has nothing to do with the problem in your OP, which is to infuse 1300 mL in 8 hours using a 20 gtt/mL set. Calculate the gtt/min to the nearest whole number.
1300 mL/8 hrs = ? mL/hr. Use that to figure out your drops/min by converting mL to drop and hours to minutes.
3. Figure out the weight in kg and then multiply the higher and lower limits of the safe dose range by the weight. Keep in mind that your dose range is per day and the question asks you the safe range per dose.