Developing nursing diagnosis...Register Today!
- by dreamcardio Feb 6, '11Hi,
I need help deciding what should be priority nursing diagnosis. Do I follow Maslow's needs??
- Feb 6, '11 by ag11yep maslow always works..take a quick look at the hierarchy of needs and compare with the pts problems...u should be able to get a good idea what is priority.
- Feb 7, '11 by JonathankABC's (airway-breathing-circulation) first, then other less urgent survival needs (hydration, nutrition, tissue integrity, etc.) then on to the rest of Maslow's HON, IMHO.Last edit by Jonathank on Feb 7, '11 : Reason: adding a space between words
- Feb 9, '11 by hell0kittygyrlAnd almost always an actual diagnosis will be priority over a Risk For.
- Feb 10, '11 by ImThatGuyWell, those last two pretty much nailed it.