I am having a really hard time trying to figure this out.. and this is my first attempt at preparing a care plan?
I have to come up with outcomes/ goals and interventions with rationales based on the following..
Activity Intolerance related to imbalance between oxygen supply-demand.
I have to do this based on the following patient:
50 yr old widower brought to ER for acute case of dyspnea.
- reports smoking 1-2 packs of cigarettes per day for 36 yrs, but stopped 3 months ago
- has had 2 sisters die of lung cancer
- his medical diagnosis is emphysema and possible cor pulmonate (?)
- he has a non-productive cough, decreased mental acuity, extreme shortness of breath with activity, fatigues easily, non-verbal expression of anxiety, irritability and restlessness
- extremities mildly cyanotic and cool to the touch, capillary refill sluggish
- worried about losing job of 30 yrs due to too many sick days
- VS: bp 175/96, p 110, r 36, t 100.1, O2 87%