Anyone Taking Pathophysiology This Summer?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Anyone Taking Pathophysiology This Summer? in Nursing Student Assistance, part of Nursing Student ... I just got accepted into a BSN program for Fall '12 and they require Patho to be completed outside...by DarkLotus May 8, '12I just got accepted into a BSN program for Fall '12 and they require Patho to be completed outside of the nursing program so I am taking it this summer. I would love to form a 'study group' here on AN if anyone else is taking the course. For those of you who have completed it I would appreciate any tips and online resources you might know of.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=707988©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,823 Views
- May 8, '12 by tashieIm taking it this summer. This was a good idea. my patho class is hybrid so we will be in class every other week for 3 hours and its a 6 week long class.
- May 8, '12 by DarkLotusWhat book are you using? Were using Undertanding Pathophysiology which as no free web components. My class starts next Monday and I'm getting my book by Wednesday! I hope to find a good online (and free) resource to read a bit before the class starts. Good luck and keep in touch!
- May 9, '12 by Mama_CashewI feel like an idiot for asking this, but what's the different between Pathophysiology and Human Physiology? I will be taking Advanced Human Physiology this summer, and if they are the same type of class I would love to be part of a study group!
- May 9, '12 by Pre-nurseTiffHuman physiology is how the body function physiology is function (metabolism, muscle action, organ function, etc. and Pathophysiology is is how function goes wrong in a disease state and how it breaks down and what happens then. (I took pathophysiology online Evolve )
- May 9, '12 by DarkLotusWas it through Elsever Evolve? My class is using the textbook that goes with it but I'm not sure I want to spend double to get the Evolve website. Was it worth it?
- May 9, '12 by Pre-nurseTiffYes it was Elsevier. It was the first time the nursing professor was using the program and it was rather tough the only thing I enjoyed was the discussion logs and clinical applications but like I said the teacher was new to evolve and was preparing as we went along. I think if I would've taken on campus class I would've gotten so much more out of it.
- May 10, '12 by NolliI too am taking Pathophysiology over the summer. All of my Nursing books are in ebook form through evolve/elsevier. I don't get an assigned book till the class starts, but I technically already have it. I know this may not make sense at first glance, but we are given the option of buying all of our textbooks at once in ebook form for cheaper with the promise that if a new version comes out it'll automatically be added to our bookshelf for free until we graduate nursing school. So I have the book, but there are currently 2 pathophys books in my bookshelf and I'm not sure which one we're using. These are the books :
McCance and Huether Understanding Pathophysiology, 5th Edition
Copstead-Kirkhorn and Lee-Ellen C. Pathophysiology, 4th Edition
I'd love to do an online study group too.
- May 12, '12 by JenniferaschQuote from DarkLotusI am taking Patho this summer as well! We are using the book titled 'Understanding Pathophysiology' as well! We start on June 4th.What book are you using? Were using Undertanding Pathophysiology which as no free web components. My class starts next Monday and I'm getting my book by Wednesday! I hope to find a good online (and free) resource to read a bit before the class starts. Good luck and keep in touch!
- May 12, '12 by Pre-nurseTiffOn my online class We used Copstead-Kirkhorn and Lee-Ellen C. Pathophysiology, 4th Edition it had the CD component and access codes made it easier