Activity intolerance pathophysiology?
- 0Feb 5, '13 by HermanThePuppyI have been trying to find the effects of untreated activity intolerance after surgery... but have not found one site to give me the answer. Please help! If possible give me a link to a web page so I can site it.
- 0Feb 5, '13 by Blue CatI think this is something you need to think through. Think about all the PC's of immobility. There are a lot of great sites that will give you the information you need for your assignments in nursing school, but you still have to apply your own critical thinking to connect the dots and come up with the answers.
- 0Feb 5, '13 by KelRN215, BSN, RNSo, there are many different pathophysiologies for activity intolerance and there are also different ways in which it is manifested. What is activity intolerance? What are the defining characteristics? How is the patient showing that he/she is not tolerating the activities he/she is expected to do?
I would not expect to just be able to google this and be led to a website that will give you what you're looking for. Get out your NANDA book... look up your patient's disease/surgery in your med-sug book... you need to be able to think critically and put all the pieces of the puzzle together, that's essential to the nursing process.
- 0Feb 5, '13 by GrnTea, BSN, MSN, RNYeah, and just so you know, citing websites isn't considered acceptable in college. You can find a website that says almost anything, but that doesn't make it authoritative.
What's "untreated activity intolerance," anyway? I haven't a clue as to what you mean by that.
As to the importance of postop mobilization, you should be able to find that in your very own med/surg textbook. What book do you use, what have you found, and what do you think about that?
(We don't do your homework, but we'll help you learn something. Note: "Here's a website to fulfill your homework obligation" is not helping you learn anything.)
- 0Feb 6, '13 by Esme12, BSN, RN Senior ModeratorQuote from HermanThePuppyWe are happy to help with homework but we won't do it for you.....what do you mean by "untreated activity intolerance"?I have been trying to find the effects of untreated activity intolerance after surgery... but have not found one site to give me the answer. Please help! If possible give me a link to a web page so I can site it.
Do you mean what are the complications of immobility post operatively?