Which stethoscope?Register Today!
- by sapadgett Oct 31, '12Which stethoscope would you nurses recommend? I'm starting an RN program in Jan...I want a GOOD one that will last me throught school and into my career. Please help! Post links/pics if you can! Thanks!
- Oct 31, '12 by sapadgettQuote from jennarooI've heard the cardiology ones work wonderfully...I'm really leaning towards getting one. They are a little on the expensive side, but I see it as an investment (as long as it doesn't get stolen!)I just asked my friend this same question last night...(she's an RN) She told me a
Hope that helps
- Oct 31, '12 by jennarooQuote from sapadgettI agree, and as far as it getting stolen, I recommend getting it engraved....I've heard the cardiology ones work wonderfully...I'm really leaning towards getting one. They are a little on the expensive side, but I see it as an investment (as long as it doesn't get stolen!)
- Oct 31, '12 by helloberryThe cardiology is SO heavy!! It weighed a ton on my neck, made my jacket lopsided if I put it in my jacket pocket, and made my pants hard to keep up when I wore it on a hip clip. I got one for school & ended up buying a master classic which is much lighter & performs the same, I think. I agree with getting it engraved, whichever you choose.
- Oct 31, '12 by rubatoI got a Littman Master Classic and love it! I can hear breath sounds even on a morbidly obese patient with no problems at all. I had it engraved, and managed to lose it on the first day of lab. Luckily, someone turned it into lost and found. I feel that having it engraved helped with that.
- Oct 31, '12 by soxgirl2008My boyfriend has a littman classic II and really likes it. However, a nurse I know has the littman cardiology one and the sound is Awesome! I start in January as well and am leaning towards the cardiology one.
- Nov 1, '12 by Nurse2b7337That's the one that I wanted but he already bought it!!! Lol!! Congrats on getting accepted.
Sent from my iPad using allnurses.com