what's a good stethoscope for nursing school? - Page 5Register Today!
- Sep 3, '08 by isotop235i have a cardiology iii, which is touted as one of the best($180). i wanted the newer master cardiology($160)but i found a chinese made clone for about $30 on their site and an ebay site...i got it in about 2 days and it is fantastic. i brought it to my cardiology unit at work and 2 more nurses got the website and ordered them too. the acoustics are amazing-you hear everything. this is the link:
kila labs stethoscopes world's finest stethoscope
- Sep 7, '08 by SuperStudentNursei need a double bell steth for nursing school and from the thread i see that is either a littmann classic II or cardio III. i think i will go with the cardio III since i've read better reviews abt it. any other options for double bell steths? and can someone confirm that the master classic II and master cardiology indeed are NOT double bell? thanks!!
- Sep 8, '08 by texkidNote: I finally register to the forum so I could post on this topic.
As a RN assistant, I used the Lightweight. I start nursing school and I get a hand-me-down Cardio III. MAN....let me say that it was like going from Dolby surround to 7.1 DTS!
- Sep 8, '08 by isotop235The Master Cardiology is defintiely not a Double bell. It uses a compressable single bell which reproduces the smaller bell when it is pressed with a little more force against the skin. The double bell I have found in emergency situations presents a problem by always being in the wrong position and at time you have only one hand to use.
- Sep 9, '08 by AnubisQuote from texkidFor those of us who are not familiar with advanced sound technology, I take it this is a good thing? LOLMAN....let me say that it was like going from Dolby surround to 7.1 DTS!
- Sep 25, '11 by SnMrsSmileywhat is everyone using now (3 years since any posts on this thread lol
- Sep 25, '11 by texkidQuote from BrookericksSnI know switched to a Welch Allyn DLX triple-head stethoscope. It is an awesome scope. I even hear sounds Docs can't, they dismiss me, I hand them my scope so they can hear it, and then they walk away questioning their scope.what is everyone using now (3 years since any posts on this thread lol
- Oct 31, '11 by Josiah28Don't buy the all heart stethoscope, they sold me a unit that the heart sounds are so faint, I couldnt even use it. The company will not make this situation might. I believe the company has a new owner, vs prior Jamie mcgrew/gwilem mcgrew. The former owners would have bent over backwards to keep from losing a customer. I bought the allheart cardiology stethoscope and even paid to put my name on it. What a waste of money.
- Nov 15, '11 by AshleyAmzingQuote from Josiah28Are you talking about purchasing from www.allheart.com?Don't buy the all heart stethoscope, they sold me a unit that the heart sounds are so faint, I couldnt even use it. The company will not make this situation might. I believe the company has a new owner, vs prior Jamie mcgrew/gwilem mcgrew. The former owners would have bent over backwards to keep from losing a customer. I bought the allheart cardiology stethoscope and even paid to put my name on it. What a waste of money.
- Nov 15, '11 by Josiah28Ashley:
That is correct. They have a stethoscope that they call the 'cardiology stethoscope,'. They put put their company name on it and I paid to have my name placed on the tubing if i ever lost it... Well I received the scope mid semester during rigorous (1 year accelerated BSN) clinicals, and the sound quality was so poor I had to get a diiferent one from a local uniform shop. Once the smoke cleared from school, I followed up with the company about my problem, and this is their response (by the way no one ever contacted me from the company since)
Thank you for your email.
We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with your order. Unfortunately we would be unable to accept the item for a return or an exchange. We do appreciate your feedback, however, and have forwarded your email to our corporate office for review.
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Thank you for shopping at AllHeart.com, America's Medical Superstore(tm).
AllHeart Customer Service
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2011 1:29 AM
Subject: Cardiologyy Stethoscope black edition allheart
A couple of years ago I bought an allheart private label "cardiology stethoscope, black edition (smoke)"stethoscope from you. I had my name, Josiah, custom labeled on the tubing.
I paid a very reasonable price for this, but I quickly found that I you get what you paid for.
What I got, was a stethoscope that has the poorest heart sound auscultation that I could ever listen to in a stethoscope. The tubing and binaural are find... I checked the seal with my mouth and ears...
the head of the stethoscope... may be the problem. I just don't know.
I wanted to write to let you know that I'm unhappy with the stethoscope. Enought to write you about it. I'm a nurse - the sounds that I need to hear are of utmost importance. This equipment that you sold me is noy up to standard - and you needed to know.
The model # of the product is: AH-DST0500BKE