What shoes are you getting for clinicals?Register Today!
This is a discussion on What shoes are you getting for clinicals? in Nursing Scrubs / Uniforms / Gear, part of General Nursing ... I need to buy a pair of white shoes for clinicals and I am torn on whether to go for sneakers or...by SelenaS Aug 15, '12I need to buy a pair of white shoes for clinicals and I am torn on whether to go for sneakers or nursing clogs. What did you/are you going to get and do you recommend them or would you pass on them in the future?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=771917©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 5,464 Views
- Aug 15, '12 by future2012nurseI heard nurse mate were good, but there expensive
- Aug 15, '12 by momtojoshwe cant wear clogs....we can have white nursing shoes/sneakers or a respectable pair of shoes.....i have sketchers that i wear to work now(LPN) so i will be wearing them,they are the MOST comfortable sneakers i have found so far....
- Aug 15, '12 by born2circulateRNI purchased nursemates. I had them throughout nursing school. They were pretty good while they lasted, but when the end of my 5th semester hit they were worn out (IMO). Recently, I just purchased some Alegrias for work and they feel awesome, but they are expensive. I haven't started my job yet so I don't know how they're going to work out on the floor (hopefully very well).
Good Luck!Last edit by born2circulateRN on Aug 15, '12
- Aug 15, '12 by dhoffI found a pair of all white sketchers at Kohls for about $45. This is the second pair of them I've bought, the last being for my job in a restaurant that requires all white shoes. They are very comfy and I can be on my feet for hours in them.
- Aug 15, '12 by rubatoI got a pair of Danskos. They were expensive, but I think I can get through all 2 years of clinicals with them, plus extra time. They are SOOOOO comfortable. I have been walking around in them at home and they're great.
- Aug 15, '12 by MajestasFrom what I've heard, official "nursing shoes" are very comfortable, but pricey. I've tried finding more affordable ones, but all the ones I've been able to find are outside my price range. I suggest a solid pair of white (or mostly white) sneakers. Most nurses I've worked with wear them. As long as the shoes are comfortable enough to walk all day in, wear them! That's the point - can you wear them all day? Although good if you're willing to pay up for them, clogs are not an absolute necessity. I've found my "toning shoes" to be perfectly comfortable and acceptable.
- Aug 15, '12 by Tonks57I got nursemates dove. Not sure how they will be, they are not hear yet. We are not allowed clogs in my program.
- Aug 15, '12 by lmandradeQuote from SelenaSI got the Nursemates in Dove and they are really comfortable. They had a pair of Timberlands that I tried on and they were amazing but they were too expensive for me. You can find a pair of nursemates online for about $60 dollars.I need to buy a pair of white shoes for clinicals and I am torn on whether to go for sneakers or nursing clogs. What did you/are you going to get and do you recommend them or would you pass on them in the future?