what kind of watch do you wear? - Page 2Register Today!
- Feb 26, '08 by lorilou22RNI don't anymore, use the room clocks for consistency.
- Feb 26, '08 by analee23My husband just got me an Under Armour watch that does both digital and has hands like a traditional watch. I just looked it up so I can post a link and it is quite pricey, but I LOVE it. It has withstood nastiness in the ER and I've never had trouble with it. Plus, it tells me what day of the week it is, which can get confusing at times!
- Feb 26, '08 by newlpn08I am going to wear my mothers old nursing watch. It pins to the uniform, and the numbers are upside down, so when you need to use it you just hold it up or look down at it on your uniform. These are used in Europe, but I don't know if you can find one in the US.
- Feb 26, '08 by KLKRNI've seen a couple nurses with them.
- Feb 26, '08 by danissaQuote from newlpn08I am going to wear my mothers old nursing watch. It pins to the uniform, and the numbers are upside down, so when you need to use it you just hold it up or look down at it on your uniform. These are used in Europe, but I don't know if you can find one in the US.
This is a Fob watch, pins to your uniform. Great things, I had a heart shaped one with Eyore on the face until the other day, when I took my scrubs from the drier..and the watch was still attatched! Guess its not waterproof..or drier proof either! It's all broke!! And I got it as a present too!
Wishin for another one now, its so handy to have a watch pined to your front!
- Feb 26, '08 by djgRelic (waterproof) purchased from Kohl's adjusted metal band. I love it.
- Feb 26, '08 by danissaSterilising fluid and wrist watches are just not a good mix!
Fob watches are the best.
- Feb 26, '08 by CaLLaCoDeQuote from KLKRNI have a Casio. I bought it online at overstock.com. Great place to find cheap and good quality watches. It's solar and combines both digital and anologue on the watch face. Funny thing, there exists a programmable function on the watch that allows the wearer to illuminate the dial just by tilting the watch in the dark.Casio: inexpensive, reliable, comes in plastic or cloth bands. Water resistant.
So, the other night I'm working on removing some bubbles from my patient's IV line and surprise! This orange light glows and I remember "it's alive!"
- Feb 26, '08 by MommyandRNI gave up using expensive watches at work, they would get ruined or germy or discolored. Now I buy a cheap waterproof watch at Target, and replace it when it gets gross. They are cute and cheap, and get some variety in your life every time you switch.
- Feb 26, '08 by MommyandRNQuote from lorilou22RNI could never rely on room clocks... either they have been broken or wrong, or inconsistent with the other clocks.I don't anymore, use the room clocks for consistency.