What kind of backpack should I get?Register Today!
- by ldnurse1 Jul 29, '09I begin my nursing classes in less than 4 weeks!! I'm trying to get everything I need organized before I start. What type of backpack would you suggest for the 5 million books that I'll be carrying around. I've seen some nursing students at my school walking around with a scrapbooking rolling bag. Do you think that these would be any good or should I just get a rolling backpack? Thanks for your opinions!
- Jul 29, '09 by JBGC4Target has a rolling milk crate. I would suggest that, along w/ a rolling backpack, they are never big enough- Or, go and get a peice of rolling luggage.
- Jul 29, '09 by aerorunner80I have a Jansport rolling backpack. It's wonderful! I started out with a regular backpack but kept getting neck and shoulder pain.
What's nice is that once I'm done with school I can keep on using it for when I travel!
- Jul 29, '09 by Scrubmouse RNI second the rolling back pack.
- Jul 29, '09 by sproeber89Honestly, at least for me it just works to have a plain backpack. My school has one class a day, so I only need to bring that one book for the day. And once I'm in school the backpack stays on the floor. For clinicals I'm getting a nursing bag but will keep my backpack with other references handy. It's just what I prefer. I used to just carry a tote but my one shoulder was killing me...so I got a regular backpack and love it!
- Jul 29, '09 by TheCommuterI use a regular Jansport backpack with no wheels. I don't bring my books to class since there's no need for me to do such a thing, so a regular backpack works out just fine for my situation. I listen actively and take notes during lecture, which doesn't require that any heavy textbooks be lugged to class all the time.
- Jul 29, '09 by MyNameRNStudents already in my program stress a rolling backpack because they said that they have regretted not bringing books to class with them. Plus, the way our schedule works is, they like to have all lectures lined up on the same day(s), so we have the rest of the other days for clinicals.
I got a rolling Jansport and I love it~!!