Washing those scrubs?Register Today!
- by johnny depp23 Jul 13, '12How often do you wash your scrubs? And when is the last time you bought a pair of new ones? Come on in fellas, I know you can hear me.
- Jul 13, '12 by Ashley, PICU RNI wash them every time they are worn. With the number of scrubs I have, I end up washing each pair every 2-3 weeks.
I haven't bought a new pair in over 6 months. 1. I have enough and they are in good condition. 2. Family and friends commonly buy them as gifts during the holidays.
- Jul 13, '12 by sauconyrunnerI admit that I did not own tons of scrubs, but they were washed after every wearing. Rewearing scrubs that you wore yesterday is GROSS.
Probably because we are only allowed to wear one color at work, I have never really had anyone buy me scrubs. I also have only about 4 pairs of pants and 4 tops.
Wash those things. THey are covered in germs.
- Jul 13, '12 by daisy2daisyFYI : if the joint commission ever asks you how you clean your scrubs, you had better tell them you wash them EVERY night in hot water, with no other other family members clothes! Put them in the dryer as well. This is a true JC question that came up @ our hospital.
- Jul 13, '12 by Hay, RNI own so many scrubs it is shameful. I do laundry about once a month and I work full time (3 days/week). So you can imagine how many scrub sets I have. I bought a new pair about a month and a half ago. I'm finding I prefer Butter Soft by Uniform Advantage over Grey's Anatomy.
- Jul 13, '12 by diva rnGood gosh, why is this even a question?
Wash them each time they are worn...in HOT water and only with other scrubs...don't mix in with other clothes....(shudder)....I actually used to take mine off in the utility room and place them in a special hamper until I had enough for a load of laundry.
My shoes stayed there, too, after being sprayed liberally with Lysol each time I took them off.