Washing those scrubs? - Page 4Register Today!
- Jul 13, '12 by leslie :-D*raising hand* - ok fine, i'll confess...
that i toss scrubs in dirty laundry with everyone else's clothes...
and wash in warm water, unless scrubs are white, then it's hot water with all other whites.
may be the *wrong* answer, but it's the truth and have never had any qualms about it.
op - admittedly, very odd question.
- Jul 13, '12 by Pepper The CatI also toss in the hamper with everything else. I also wash in warm, although I do wash them alone, but that is mainly because I use cold wash for most of my clothes!
- Jul 13, '12 by Miiki✿I'm surprised no one's made death threats on this thread yet..
- Jul 13, '12 by mz.snuggly1Quote from tothepointeLVNLOL!Tell the Joint Commission you wash your scrubs twice a day that you whip down to the laundry room and wash them on your lunchbreak but your underwear those you just turn inside out and wear again.
- Jul 13, '12 by sauconyrunnerinteresting thing I just learned today. Those Front Loading washers- if you do not leave the door open occasionally and also use those rinses advertised on TV...apparently get standing water and can breed bacteria... which can be deposited on scrubs...which can transmit germs to people. it sounds like a nutty story but apparently it has happened.
- Jul 13, '12 by xoemmylouoxI wash mine once a week when I wash the rest of our clothes. I wash it all together in hot water. I hang dry my scrubs. I do iron them. I don't EVER wear them more than once. YUCK!
- Jul 13, '12 by workingharderI believe, we have officially hit the summer doldrums.
- Jul 13, '12 by tokmomQuote from brilloheadThe thread is still young...OMG, do you promise? Those are the BEST threads, and we haven't seen any biter crusty bats talking about DREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAMS around here in way too long!!!!
- Jul 13, '12 by buytheshoes11I wash after each shift. I feel gross when I come home, haha! I bought a new pair this past week, to celebrate a new job.
- Jul 13, '12 by ShayRNI am with Leslie, I throw my scrubs in with my husband's postal uniform. But, when I am done wearing them they go into the laundry basket with everyone else. Eh, never really thought about it to be honest. My family doesn't get sick, maybe because of all the germs I supplied for them over the years. Honestly, I think that the average shopping cart has as many germs on it as my uniforms.
I just bought new uniforms 2 weeks ago when I started my new job. So happy to be able to wear pretty scrubs for a change.