The best stethoscope?Register Today!
- by thefabulousmrst Aug 31, '07Hello, I am a nursing student and I start clinicals in January. What kind of stethoscope do I need? What is the best?:spin:
- Aug 31, '07 by CrimsonkingThere a numerous threads about this. Here's a link to one.
- Aug 31, '07 by IrishIzRNThese are all from this year...I'm sure there are more but this should be enough....
- Aug 31, '07 by kakalikaI have a Littmann Master Cardiology Black Edition on order. I figured it would be an investment and an incentive as well. My instructor has warned me to hold on to it when I go for clinicals, or it may "walk away".
- Aug 31, '07 by IrishIzRNQuote from kakalikaI have a Littmann Master Cardiology Black Edition on order. I figured it would be an investment and an incentive as well. My instructor has warned me to hold on to it when I go for clinicals, or it may "walk away".
YES hold onto it. Did you have it engraved (laser or other)? If not you might want to do it. I had my name put on the tubing and I'm considering having it engraved as well.
I have to warn you...it can be LOUD . That's really a good thing in the end but when you are doing a lot of listening it hits you...this is loud. It's amazing how much you can hear.
It's a nice stethoscope.
- Aug 31, '07 by AprilRNhereFor clinicals, I went with the Littmann Classic II. It was great for what I could afford. Now I'm a new nurse training into the CCU and I'm going to invest in the cardiology.