stethoscope questionRegister Today!
- by keyna Oct 19, '11Hi!
I'm getting ready to start my clinicals in January (yippee!) and I just ordered a Littmann Master cardiology stethoscope. It only has the tunable, one-sided bell, so no small side for peds.
Does anyone have any advice for me if I made the right choice? A friend that's an NP told me it's fine, but now I'm
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks so much.
- Oct 19, '11 by ashleyisawesomei had a littman lightweight and just finished peds. it worked just fine and thats the cheapest one littman makes. the small side is just for different sound frequencies than you get from the bigger side, and since its a one sided tunable one you are able to get both frequencies on one side.
i usually wouldnt recommend such an expensive stethoscope for NS, but since you already bought it, watch over it with your life, they tend to walk.
- Oct 19, '11 by ImThatGuyYou don't need the bell. You'll be fine. Just roll it up and put it in your pocket when you're not using it.
I preach not to hang it around your neck. Geez, I hate that, but that's another rant.
- Oct 19, '11 by SnMrsSmileywhy not put it around your neck? curiositys sake
- Oct 19, '11 by tnbutterflyMoved to Nursing Stethoscope forum.
- Oct 24, '11 by kirbycruiserI am also curious why you shouldn't hang it around your neck?
- Oct 24, '11 by CherryAmes_RNOils from the neck/hair break down the tubing over time.