Stethoscope: Littmann cardiology III vs. Littmann master cardiology - page 2
by Nurse-perverse 127,450 Views | 24 Comments
Hello, I am a CCU nurse looking to buy a new stethoscope. I currently use the Littmann S.E II that I have purchased in nursing school. I am looking to purchase either the Littmann cardiology III or the master cardiology. I... Read More
- 0Aug 17, '07 by deeDawnteeQuote from Burnt2LOL!!! not that many moons Burnt!!!! It runs for about $400 and it is deductible, man!!! Hey most people don't even realize it is a different stethoscope around my neck...since I rarely take it off...better than jewelry, I say!!! I LOVE IT!! You can hear murmurs in the hearts of your patient's tapeworms!!!! hehehe*jaw drops*
How many moons did you have to save up to purchase it?
Haha I always thought the 4100's looked like a python that has swallowed a cow or something
the 3100's are pretty good, aesthetically speaking. never tried one though.
- 0Aug 17, '07 by Burnt2Quote from deeDawnteeYou can hear murmurs in the hearts of your patient's tapeworms!!!! hehehe
hahaha I actually laughed when I saw that:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle:chuck le
Quit saying such nice things about it. I've been on ebay for a week now cruising around for a scope to replace my venerable Classic SE II, and I don't need to hear any of your seductive whispers.
Last thing I need is a concealed weapon permit to protect myself against the lustful cardiologists
- 0Oct 31, '07 by teenynurseI just got the cardiology III although I wanted a master, but because you wont't believe this go to www.Amazon.com they have them on sale $22 with shipping it was like $35 over $100 off you can't beat it! they are all black but who really cares for that price!!!!!!!!!Last edit by teenynurse on Oct 31, '07
- 0Oct 31, '07 by APNgonnabeOP- Not sure if you get pedi pt if you do the cardiology III would probably be better. However, I am fan of the master cardiology. I admit that I am a new nurse but this helps being new because I still love really listening and I have caught a couple murmurs that were never documented...could it be my master cardiology?
- 0Oct 31, '07 by meandragonbrett
- 0Nov 6, '07 by CVSICU_RNI just got my new Cardiology III and am very happy with it.
I also have to agree with APNgonnabe. If you have peds on your unit, there is a pediatric head on the cardiology III, you have to change the head on the Master Cardiology...also the Litmann website doesn't list the master cardiology as greatly superior to the cardiology III. It gets a 10 and the cardiology III gets a nine.
- 0Nov 13, '07 by StudentNurseMattI tried out my classmate Cardiology III and it is awesome. I currently have the Littman Classic SE2. Im starting my preceptorship soon on a tele or ICU floor so Im going to upgrade to something where I dont get- anxiety r/t using a stethoscope of entry level AEB not able to hear every single murmur, click rub. Outcome: to upgrade to a superior stethoscope to hear heart sounds by Jan 2008. =D Going to hand down my old, but still reliable one to my sister who is going to start nursing school in the spring. I just purchased mine on ebay for $120 shipped new in box.Last edit by StudentNurseMatt on Nov 13, '07 : Reason: mispellings