Stethoscope Dilemma!!! - Page 2Register Today!
- Jul 22, '11 by mommywithplentyI was thinking of having a back up as well. I really would hat for something to go wrong and I can't get replacement pieces soon enough. I want a nice looking one, my Kila is nice but it's navy blue and I have seen a gold and brown littman...
- Jul 22, '11 by PatMac10,RNQuote from 3xmomSO which one do you personally like better?I bought the Littman classic II SE in the pearlized pink and had it engraved, then once I got it I called my sister who is a critical care Rn and she said "oh I wished you would of talked to me first, the Littman Lightweight is so much better" Arghhh...............so I went ahead and ordered another one in Lightweight since she said she had like 6 stethoscopes floating between, home, work and her car. Also I ordered both from medisave.net and when I got the pink one I wasn't real thrilled with the color because in the description even though it is called pearlized pink, it is described as "bubblegum pink" it was more of a dark pink/mauve color. I called them and asked if I could possibly return it, fully expecting a no because it was engraved. They told me yes and gave me a return number and then noted what I wanted in exchange!
- Jul 11, '12 by ahnmuhreeHi PatMac10,SN-
Did you ever make the decision? I'm currently in the same situation...?
- Jul 11, '12 by 3xmomPersonally I do like the light weight one better because of both the weight and I feel like it has better sound quality also.
- Jul 12, '12 by PatMac10,RNHey guys! I actually did make a decision . I got the MDF MD one Stethoscope. It's kind if like the "knock off" brand of littman but the stethoscope is of super good quality! I love it i got the MD One model which Morris the littman classic II I wanted! MDF is cheaper and very sturdy. I got the all black one and got a lifetime warranty on earbud replacement! I said it would save the expensive littman for a graduation present to myself! Hope this helps!
- Jul 12, '12 by PatMac10,RNQuote from 3xmomWith the MDF I got is a slightly heavier model, but most definitely manageable, but there was an option to get the same scope in a lighter medal however. After starting the program and now completing my 3rd of 5 semesters as if today!!!!!!! I have used and gotten reports on student who have bother the littman classic II and the littman lightweight, by far I like the classic II better as did most of my classmates!Personally I do like the light weight one better because of both the weight and I feel like it has better sound quality also.Last edit by PatMac10,RN on Jul 12, '12