Scrubs for the Overwieght?
- 0Mar 19, '13 by silentwolvesI just graduated and am looking for scrubs. I had the same problem in school I do now. I am very over weight, especially in the middle. I am 5 ft 3 inches tall and 200 pounds. I like to wear pants below my fat belly, but as soon as I bend over, everybody gets mooned! I have tried tucking in an undershirt, wearing longer tops, ect... But there is always at least a partial moon. I thought about wearing pants up higher, but none have a crotch long enough to reach over my large mid-section. Can anybody give me some ideas?? I'm trying to loose weight, but I know it will take time....
- 0Mar 20, '13 by RivetheadGirlI'm bigger (and taller) then you and I have had trouble finding anything that fits me. I have been looking into getting scrubs custom made through a store that is local to me.
I guess it really depends on where you are located, but if you are interested here is the stores website.
They don't actually have anything listed on the site about the scrubs, as the wife of the store owner custom makes them to your measurements, but you could always try contacting them for pricing.
From what I recall its about 40 bucks plus materials for a set.
- 1Mar 21, '13 by morteIn the short term, if you can hem, try pants labeled "tall". These will be a slight bit longer in waist to crotch measurement. Now, this is going to sound strange, but desperate measures for desperate times as they say; how about suspenders under a long top? would keep the pants up, even if they don't quiet meet the waist line.
- 1Mar 21, '13 by mds1I'm short and overweight as well, and what I do is buy a larger size scrub top than I need and then I have no problem with mooning. Also, mens scrubs sometimes fit better than womens. just curious, why would you wear your pants under your belly? doesn't that just emphasize the size of your belly?
- 0Mar 22, '13 by morteNot necessarily, there probably will still be too little fabric vertically to cover the belly. I don't know why I didn't think of it before...how about maternity pants?Quote from ADN2BIf you wear your pants below your belly, you are going to show plumber butt. If you buy a bigger size and pull your pants up on your waist, the problem will be eliminated.