Recommended Stethoscope for STUDENT! - Page 5Register Today!
- May 26, '12 by WeepingAngelI asked for a Littman Lightweight for Christmas halfway through nursing school. A year on the floor and it still works great for what I need it for. Maybe if they hire me into ICU I will spring for one of these fancy pants Littman Classic or Master ones
- May 29, '12 by bahuber5477I just graduated from nursing school and I have a MDF stethescope and really like it. I hear better out of it than my littman
- Jun 4, '12 by lillysa1919I have a Prestige Medical Sprague Rappaport Stethoscope I got when I was doing CNA classes back in 2001 or 2002. It was what was offered through the company that came to my high school and fitted us for scrubs. To this day I still love it!!! I may be the only nurse to say this but I do not like littman at all. My coworker has one and I have tried to use it and don't like the fit or the weight. I just got another job and am thinking about getting a new stethoscope and although I am looking at different types, I will prob end up going with the same kind.
Hope this helps and good luck!!
- Jun 4, '12 by GitanoRNonce again i will stand by my littman cardiology iii it lives to its expectations...just saying
- Jun 4, '12 by scrubwearerI was told when I started nursing school that you could get away with a cheap stethoscope but then was reminded that buying a good one was better, not only to hear what you need to hear, but also because you'll use it once you graduate. I got the mid priced Littman and still use it 3 years later.
- Jun 4, '12 by tothepointeLVNQuote from gitanorndouble ditto on that one. maybe a cheaper stethoscope is ok once you know what your looking for but when it comes down to it how often are you going to use your stethoscope and how long for when it comes down to cost per use a nice stethescope costs virtually nothing. besides a littman classic or one of the comparable brands is only $80 or maybe $125-150 for a cardio version. i know textbooks cost that much and you won't refer to them again as much as you think you will. rent the texts buy the steth.once again i will stand by my littman cardiology iii it lives to its expectations...just saying
i also don't buy the it might get stolen or lost. if i saved my steth from the serial steth stealer at my school you can too.
- Jun 4, '12 by GitanoRNQuote from tothepointelvnthat serial steth stealer gets around.........aloha~if i saved my steth from the serial steth stealer at my school you can too.
- Jul 11, '12 by ahnmuhreeQuote from iluvpathoAy yi yi- looked up this thread to help me with my decision as well.I have worked with absolute wonderful nurses let me first say. Second, she posted in a "nursing student" section so I don't think theres anything wrong with students offering their advice on what worked or works for them. Whatever-very mature-just because someone has a differing opinion.
I guess I'll be another 'silly looking' student and go with the Littmann Classic.