Online Rx Eyeglasses
- 0Feb 18, '12 by BundokSaintAnyone ever order prescription eyeglasses online? Good/Bad experiences? Websites to recommend?
I'm just looking for a pair of cheap eyeglasses to wear for clinicals/and as a backup to my normal, everyday pair.
- 1Feb 22, '12 by prettymica, BSN, RNI use zenni optical. Also I would not recommend to anyone else you know exactly what you doing and have the correct measure ments. I was an optician for 8 years and I always take my glasses to have the prescription verified by my optician friends. I can do measurements on myself and adjust my own glasses. So they are pretty cheap but just be careful because sometimes you do get what you pay for. GOOD LUCK!
- 1Feb 22, '12 by Purple_ScrubsI've used zenni also. Definitely measure carefully and do not guess on what size might fit. Also beware it often takes forever to receive them...it has taken 2-4 weeks for me. I use them for cheap prescription sunglasses because I constantly lose or sit on them, lol.
I have to say I usually don't like to use companies like this because I prefer to buy American, but considering most of the glasses in the stores are also made in China, it's sort of a moot point.
- 1Feb 23, '12 by Perpetual StudentQuote from Purple_ScrubsYeah, when even most of the expensive name brand ones are MIC it seems moot to buy local. I tend to buy like 5 pairs at a whack from zenni. They hold up pretty well and in my experience are just as nice as pairs I've paid hundreds of dollars for.I have to say I usually don't like to use companies like this because I prefer to buy American, but considering most of the glasses in the stores are also made in China, it's sort of a moot point.
- 0Feb 23, '12 by BundokSaintThanks for the responses. Looks like Zenni is the way to go! I posted this question to another forum I belong to, and Zenni was the unanimous choice there as well.
A lot of the online eyeglass sites seem sketchy to me especially with some of their too good to be true prices. So, it's good to know that Zenni is legit and has satisfied customers.