Need scrub and shoe recommendations please!
- 0Can anyone recommend comfortable scrubs and shoes? I am pretty tall, about 5'11" and wear a size 5/6 and am looking for scrub pants that are long enough without being huge in my waist and need really comfy white shoes (had a previous back surgery so good shoes are important for me). I'm a nursing student but just got my first health care job that requires me to wear scrubs to each shift so I need to stock up and thought this might be the best place to get some recommendations! I bought Grey's Anatomy pants and a Peaches top but the peaches top is scratchy! Shoes I have no clue what to get other than regular sneakers...which are hard to find in all white these days!!
Any suggestions are welcome!! Thank you guys!!!
- 6,739 Visits
- 0May 12, '11 by MyLady23I was about to recommend the Grey's Anatomy scrubs. These are super comfy and they usually fit nicely on the top. Did the top not fit you?
You can also go to http://www.lifeuniform.com/LifeUnifo...=1282880915201
I don't know where you live, but the actual store is close by to my house, maybe to yours too? They have a huge selection of scrubs, shoes and everything else you need. Good luck!
- 0I haven't tried the sketchers, will have to check them out! Thanks! I have the Reebok runtones though but they're grey! ugh! I have some really good sneakers for my back but none are white!! Luckily I do have extra inserts for whatever pair I do find! I will check out the sketchers though so thank you!!
I had back surgery and then after I healed and was better got hit sitting at a red light from behind and it messed my back up badly again. I'm getting it treated but need to be careful so I appreciate the recommendations a lot!!!
- 0Thank you! Two votes for sketchers definitely helps point me in a good direction and I'll check out the nurse mates too! Thank you so much!! It's very intimidating to just not even know where to start without wasting money on scrubs & shoes that won't be comfy! Thank you very much!
- 0May 12, '11 by Ashley, PICU RNI definately love Grey's Anatomy scrubs. Most places sell scrubs seperately, not as a set, you you can get a different size top if one size doesn't fit well. They also have several different styles of tops and lots of colors, so you can mix and match. I've also had good luck with dickies element scrubs. They feel very similar to Grey's scrubs.
I really think they best thing you can do is find a store that sells lots of scrubs (medical supply store, Super Shoes) and try on different brands and styles. That way you can feel the material and try on the sizes for yourself. You can even go online and buy your favorite colors once you know the brands and sizes you like.
As far as shoes- I don't have a certain brand I like, but it's based more on the shoe. I like shoes with good arch support, soft inner soles (gellin!) and that come up high enough to support the ankle. I've had a k-swiss and a new balance pair that both lasted about a year. Again, I think trying on the shoes in a store is the best way to find a good pair. Just be prepared to replace them often.
- 1Thank you I will check KOI out and the Nike's too...I've been a Nike fan since I was a kid so good to know! If KOI pants are long enough for you they'd be good for me too, thanks! I tried on a size small of Cherokee I think it was and they might as well have been capri's on me! Thank you!
You guys are all great, I can't thank you enough! I need to buy a bunch of scrub sets and the shoes so this is great info! I really appreciate it everyone!