I am tiny and need help finding scrubs that will actually fit!Register Today!
This is a discussion on I am tiny and need help finding scrubs that will actually fit! in Nursing Scrubs / Uniforms / Gear, part of General Nursing ... I start my first day of orientation for my first RN position tomorrow and my greys anatomy scrub...by kaimkaim Feb 10I start my first day of orientation for my first RN position tomorrow and my greys anatomy scrub pants are HUGE on me. I am going to have my sister attempt to alter them through the thighs and all the way down the leg tonight. (I'm not one to wait until the last minute but when I put my scrubs on with this cute white jacket I got the other day I realized I had forgotten how ridiculous I look in them! I look like a 4 year old who went through her dad's closet and dressed up in his clothes. So unprofessional looking.)
I have a pair of cherokee brand XXS scrub pants that I can wear as a back up in case she ruins my greys anatomy pants (haha..... :/ ). I would just wear the cherokee brand pants but the cherokee brand top that I have (also in XXS) is also HUUUUGE. I guess what I'm asking is if anyone knows of a brand of scrubs that actually fit really unusually tiny people. I'm 5'3 105lbs, I've just always been small. I just wore both sets of scrubs throughout school and sucked it up and felt frumpy the whole time. I do not plan on doing that for my entire nursing career. Helllllp!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=814657©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,917 Views
- Feb 10 by kaimkaimAnyone know of any brands that fit tiny people? I'm 5'4 and 105lbs. Grey's anatomy, cherokee, and most other brands carried in scrubs stores I've visited are all huge on me! I have been wearing grey's anatomy xs pants and they look absolutely ridiculous on me. The grey's xs top fits in the bust but flares out at the waist and looks so stupid! I start my first RN job soon and I want to look professional, not like a 4 year old playing dress up in an adult's clothes. Helllp!
- Feb 10 by Sun0408I am small but have no issues with my scrubs.. Different cuts and brands fit better than others. Try them on and find what works best for you. You can also have the scrub shop order your size.. Two of my co-workers are 5' and about 80 pounds. Their scrubs fit great, I have seen them wear Grey's and others with no alterations.
- Feb 11 by RNperdiemAs your fellow 105lb nurse, I would recommend getting a sewing machine and learning to do a little sewing.
Seriously, scrubs are shaped like boxes, I suppose uniforms are built to downplay the female shape.
Sometimes just taking in the seams a couple of inches makes a big difference and saves you money from having everything tailored.
There is a morale boost to be had by wearing properly fitting clothes, and if the clothes don't fit off the rack, you can customize them.
- Mar 1 by CialeSame boat. I think I made the same post a few years ago and got little feedback. I wear unisex solid scrubs size XS from Landau and just hem the pants with that iron-on stuff. Urbane scrubs TOPS (no way I could alter the pants to fit my non-existent butt) I hem the sleeves up an inch. Carhartt actually started making scrub sets that fit well but they aren't exactly pretty. Cherokee xxs is your best bet. Good price, lots of colors, hold up pretty well. Med Couture fits as well but they are expensive.
- Mar 1 by PalmHarborMomI wear regular scrubs no problem but my daughter is 5'2 and 100lbs. She had a hard time finding scrubs until we went to Uniform City. They have many brands of petite scrubs and sizes that are hard to find. My daughter settled on XXS Junior fit Grey's Anatomy scrubs. I have seen petite scrubs that have inseams as little as 27 1/2in and waists as small as 19 inches. Their website has size charts for most brands and lets you know the inseam. So while this will not help you right now... Even if there is not a store near you, they are great to order from online.
- Mar 1 by LadyFree28Are the scrubs you are picking out petite???
Try the Cherokee Petite Scrubs
- Mar 7 by shahoo05Are you sure you're getting the Grey's junior cut and not Misses? There's a big difference. Also try Koi Lindsey pant XXS and Katelyn top, as well as Wink Utility Girl Stretch.
- Mar 12 by bostonrnbsnMedCouture makes an XXS that fits me perfect, but they are super hard to find. I also wear NuDimension scrub pants XS, Dickies Hip Flip XS, Koi Lindsey pants XXS... For tops, I've had my mom stitch me on strings to the sides of scrub tops so I can tie them in the back so they aren't so absurdly huge. FYI: I'm 5'5 & 115lbs.
- Mar 12 by blondebabe0625I'm a xxs petite in scrubs and I too have had to whip out a seeing machine and take in the "xs" ones.