Changing ear piece for Stethoscope.Register Today!
This is a discussion on Changing ear piece for Stethoscope. in Nursing Scrubs / Uniforms / Gear, part of General Nursing ... How do I do this? I have a Littman Lightweight and was told that ear pieces may have an impact on...by tammy_zeidan09 Jun 6, '12How do I do this? I have a Littman Lightweight and was told that ear pieces may have an impact on how you hear. I don't really like the soft ear piece it comes with, anyway. It's "too soft." I feel like it doesn't fit as well as the harder ear pieces I have tried.
How would I go about purchasing a new ear piece? Is there a special website or something I search for? Do I just pull the ear piece off?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=729550©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,892 Views
- Jun 6, '12 by NolliMy Littmann came with both hard and soft eartips so I can't say I've had that problem (might be bc I got a Classic II), but I do know that places sell just the eartips. For reference here are both small and large firm ones for the Littman brand:
Littmann Large Firm Eartips, Snap-Tight (Gray) Stethoscope Accessory | allheart.comLittmann Small Firm Eartips, Snap-Tight (Gray) Stethoscope Accessory | allheart.com
(they are not rubbery like the other ones even though they appear to be made of a similar material. They are very hard rubber and kill my ears so they'd prob be perfect since you are looking for a harder material)
Edit: In reference to how to change the actual tips once you have ones you just pull the existing ones off and snap the new ones on.
- Jun 7, '12 by tammy_zeidan09Thaankkkk you!!!
- Jun 7, '12 by GrnTeabe sure you have the tips pointed forward towards your nose when you put them in your ears, not straight or back. otherwise the openings in the eartips will be up against the side of the ear canal and you won't hear a thing. very common early error in stethoscope users!
(some unscrew, some pull off-- be careful!)
- Jun 7, '12 by tammy_zeidan09Ya, it points to my nose into my canal. I see so many people put it straight in their ears and try to correct the way I"M using it. =/
Wish I would have waited. I order my littmann lightweight online with shipping was like 60. In stores the classic was 70-80. And I probably wouldn't have to cut that tube!
- Jun 7, '12 by NolliYou shouldn't have to cut anything. The newer Littmans (1994 and on) are all snap off/on tips. You had to put some force behind it to get the tips on or off but there is no cutting involved.
- Jun 8, '12 by VickyRNMoved to Nursing Gear Forum as this is better suited for your inquiry