Can a Nurse have a Tattoo??? - Page 3Register Today!
- Jun 2, '12 by prettymicaI have 7 tattoos and a belly piercing( that I just got on my birthday). My tattoos are covered by my scrubs and I make it to 3rd quarter of nursing school before a teacher saw my inner wrist tattoo, that is usually covered by my watch.
- Jun 10, '12 by twinmomstlThey just revised our dress code and tattoos are now allowed. I work at a peds hospital in a large city.
- Jun 12, '12 by RobublindYou can have a tattoo, but if it is visible it is going to make get a job harder. Right now it isn't easy to find a job out of school with or without a tattoo. Search this site for "new grad" and you will get a ton of post...I cant find a job...
- Oct 26, '12 by OwlieO.OI hate to say it, but I will probably get mine removed. I have a half sleeve that goes to the superior-most part of my olecranon space. I have another, peony flower, on my upper left forearm. I hate that hospitals don't let nurses have tattoos. The hospital down the street from me doesn't allow tattoos that are visible, and yet they let their nurses smoke like no tomorrow. A tattoo doesn't affect the care the nurse gives (their personality does), and yet would you think that smelling cigarette smoke would be so terribly bothersome? I'd ask for a change of nurse if I was a patient and had a smoking nurse.
What really is unfortunate is that mine will take probably thousands of dollars to get removed. Oh well!
- Oct 26, '12 by coconutzzI have a large chest tattoo that is easily seen if I am wearing a shirt that does not sit close to my neck. I have not had any issues at either job I have worked. The first job had a tattoo policy that they had to be covered, but they were pretty relaxed about it. I was asked to cover up once, but I didn't and it was never brought up again (it turned out to be another coworker who I didn't have a particularly good relationship with trying to get me in trouble). Other than that one time, I have never had it be a problem. I don't want to stop getting tattoos so I just try and keep them in places that I can cover them for interviews.