Allheart causes overdraw in my checking account
- 0Jan 24, '12 by SensibilityI get so many emails from uniform companies and I see things that I think might be nice and so I try to buy from different companies.
Well, I opened my checking account today to find that I was overdrawn. What? Then I look and lo and behold, I had bought one top from Allheart on sale and instead of them taking out the correct amount, they put a holding fee for the exact same amount in my checking account. I called the bank. "Sorry, but you just have to wait until it's processed." I called Allheart. "Sorry, but that is our "processing" fee and so you just have to wait until it drops off." Me: "I can't go buy groceries unless you take that off my checking account." "Sorry, there's nothing we can do." Me: "I am going to show this to Allnurses." "Sorry, we don't care." Me: "Okie dokie."
If you buy from Allheart, they are going to take double the amount for a holding fee for two days and your money will be tied up until they choose to release it. Maybe at first glance, it's a good deal if you can handle having your money tied up like this.
- 1Jan 24, '12 by Purple_ScrubsI've had trouble with them as well. I placed an order, paid by debit card, and it was promptly charged to me. I never received the order and they denied that it was placed, although I had proof from my bank that they took money out of my account. I kept asking how they drafted money from my account if there was no order, and they said they could not answer that, but that they had no record of my order. I ended up getting the items (which were of poor quality anyway), but it took over a month of fighting with them and finally threatening to have my bank reverse the charges due to fraud before it happened.Last edit by Purple_Scrubs on Jan 24, '12 : Reason: typo
- 0Feb 11, '12 by NelleGI had a rotten experience with them as well. I ordered a pair of scrub pants that were never delivered. Instead of sending out a replacement pair, they made me wait over a month, THEN sign a "legal affidavit" stating I had never received the order. It was almost 2 months before I finally got the pants. They lost me as a customer over a pair of pants that were less than $20. Their customer service is non-existent. You can't call and they are very slow to answer emails.
Of course the pants didn't even fit right when I finally got them.
- 0Feb 11, '12 by MJB2010 GuideI also had a bad experience with them. I ordered some scrub pants and paid for expedited shipping. Next day got an email that the pants were backordered and they refused to refund the expedited shipping, even though it was going to be several weeks before they shipped. They said there was nothing they could do. Ridiculous right? I cancelled those pants and lost the shipping money and will not do business with them again.
- 0Feb 12, '12 by CrazyGoonRNWell everything went well with my purchase with them. My Littmann Cardiology III came engraved exactly as I ordered it. Didn't take long to get here either. They only charged my checking account for the exact price of the purchase. There was no hold by them on my account. I guess they get it right sometimes and I am so thankful they did :-)
- 0Feb 12, '12 by SensibilityThey had a double charge in my checking account for four days, which included the weekend. I did eventually get my scrubs and the money did drop off. But what bothers me is the total indifference they had toward the suffering they were putting me through. That really bothers me.