I would really appreciate anyone's critique or advice on my resume. Please be honest because I am really having trouble finding an RN job. I don't really think my resume is bad, but just the fact that I keep getting rejected... it makes me wonder if there's something I am doing wrong with my resume. So here's a copy, please don't mind the template or format, it got distorted when I copied it from Microsoft Word. Thanks I am really hoping that you guys could help.
Education_________________________________________ ________ ____
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, BSN
University of Missouri - Columbia
Registered Nurse (RN), State of Missouri
Healthcare Experience________________________________________ ____________
Mobile Phlebotomy, Stover Medical Support Services
, O'Fallon, Missouri; May 2011 - Present
Oncology 5East Unit, University Hospital
- Performed venipunctures to obtain blood samples on variety of homebound patients.
- Managed operations in the office for phlebotomy, and medical courier services.
, Columbia, Missouri; fall 2011; 180 hours
- Assisted with all care for patients on 5 East and Symptoms Evaluation Unit, including port
access, port draws, IV start, wound care, administration of medication, patient and family
Nursing Station, MedZou Clinic
- Documented and charted on patient admission, history, and discharge.
, Columbia, Missouri; fall 2011; 90 hours
Adult Surgery 4W Stepdown Unit, University Hospital
- Served the uninsured population in Columbia by performing routine vital signs.
- Formulated plans with other healthcare students to supply free hepatitis vaccines.
, Columbia, Missouri; fall 2010; 120+ hours
- Completed various basic nursing tasks and specific nursing skills for assigned patients.
- Developed time management skills necessary to complete tasks on schedule.
- Established therapeutic communication with patients to strengthen nurse-patient bond.
- Worked with other health team professionals to implement quality care plans for the patients.
, Missouri State Emergency Duty
, Hannibal, Missouri; summer 2008; 168 + hours
- In charge of monitoring soldier's health conditions and enforcing preventive measures.
- Initiated IV's to a heat casualty with the help of other certified personnel.
Professional Experience________________________________________ ____________
Army National Guard, 3-135 Aviation Battalion
, Lebanon, Missouri; July 2006 - July 2011
- Gave classes on evaluating a casualty and other basic first aid measures.
- Continued development of leadership skills, and military courses.
Army ROTC, University of Missouri-Columbia
, Spring 2007- Fall 2008
- Practiced leadership management skills and teamwork exercises.
Combat Life Saver Course
, Jefferson Barracks
, St. Louis, Missouri; October 2007; 32 hours
Preventive Medicine Specialist
- Observed and initiated IV's on modules and battle buddies.
- Performed tactical combat casualty care, care under fire, and casualty evacuation.
- Simulated treatment of penetrating chest trauma, and various ways to control bleeding.
, Fort Sam Houston
, San Antonio, Texas; summer 2006; 15 weeks
- Studied the spread of diseases and infections within the army.
Basic Training, Fort Leonardwood
, Missouri; summer 2006; 10 weeks
- Learned basic soldier skills, maintained physical fitness, and mental alertness.
Skills____________________________________________ ____________________ _
- Bilingual in both Mandarin Chinese and English.
- Exceptional therapeutic and interpersonal communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge on computer software and program such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint,