Seeking Advice For my GN Resume
- 0Apr 16, '13 by Morningdew2112Can you please help review my latest resume. Thank you so much
ALICE YOUNG, BSN, PHN, RN6800 Dark Street, Light City, AB 00000 900-000-0000 [email protected]
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Registered Nurse in AB state
- BLS, ACLS, PALS & EKG Certificates
Health Screener, Independent Contractor, ABC Company, Mar. 2013-present
- Provide and assist with a variety of on-site Health Screening stations, (finger-stick, blood pressure, body fat, height/weight/waist circumference, bone mineral density, etc).
- Provide Health Coaching/Education by analyzing results, providing constructive feedback and making recommendations for improvement based on set guidelines.
- Act as a liaison with clients and other appropriate partners
- Provide on-site immunizations
Internship, Medical/Surgical - Mountainous Medical Center, May-Aug. 2012
- Provided direct nursing care up to 4 patients with a wide range of diagnoses on a 30-bed combined Med/Surg, Telemetry, Oncology and Orthopedic floor with minimum assistance from nurse preceptor
- Educated patients and families on safety precautions, home care and discharge planning
- Monitored, recorded and reported symptoms and changes in patients' conditions.
- Facilitated admissions, discharges and transfers
CDE Nail Salon, Manager, Sep. 2010-present
- Responsible for efficient running and profitability of the salon by ensuring that client count numbers are maintained and reviewed via direction from Salon Owner, whilst taking into account all State Board standards and client services are carried out
CDE Nail Salon, Manicurist, Feb. 2007-Aug. 2010
- Best Nail Design Award recognized by clients and peers in 2008 & 2009
- Recognized for excellent customer service
FGH State University, IJ City, Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Aug. 2012
- Graduated Cum Laude; GPA: 3.7
- Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society
KLM College, IJ City, Associate Degree in Health Sciences, May. 2010
- Deans Honor List, Summer & Fall 2008, Spring, Summer & Fall 2009, Spring 2010
- Bilingual: Fluent English and Korean
- Computer: Microsoft Office, Cerner Charting, Epic Charting, typing speed 60 wpm
Community Volunteer, Summer 2012
- NU Preschool: Assisted teachers to support preschoolers with a history or at risk of child abuse
- NA Clinic, NX Church: Provided nursing care to the homeless population
Hospital Volunteer, ZW Hospital, Summer 2010
- 0Apr 17, '13 by Morningdew2112Anybody, please? A little bit about myself: I graduated in August and has been looking for a job for over 3 months now. I didn't really look when I first graduated because of family responsibilities. 2/3 of my friends is working as RNs either in town or out of state, and I'm doing my paperwork to start working as a CNA as well. I didn't mentioned this since I haven't started yet. Now that my 1-year mark is approaching in less than 4 months, I'm getting panic :-(. Any input is appreciated. Thank you!
- 0Apr 17, '13 by jennafezzi'd double check the grammar/punctuation. some of the bullet points have periods at the end while others do not. make sure it is completely consistent in the formatting. many of the words that are capitalized don't need to be capitalized. i would just type out the entire name of the month instead of shortening the months (like, august instead of aug) - it looks a little sloppy. i think your credentials are supposed to be listed in order of bsn, rn, phn (i might be wrong though). other than that, i think it's pretty good! good luck to you!
- 0Apr 17, '13 by Bayat"If I dood it, I get a whippin'. I dood it!"
Assuming ABC Company an contracting agency, you might put where you were contracted out at and note the original purpose why you were contracted there in one sentence. Then use your bullet points to show how you exceeded expectations at that location. Quantify whenever possible - you're offering value to your prospective employer by showing value you did previously.
The professional summary and profile is somewhat generic but you should get the idea how to tailor it to show the employer the value you're providing should you get the job.
I gleamed what I think might be the your eight top skills. Tailor it to meet your true skills you're offering. Keep it to your top 4- to 8- skills you feel makes you qualified for the job you're seeking.
I'd keep the other work experience to show you had no gap between graduation and ABC Company, but shorted it to show your career progression there and the honor you recieved. The rest could be left off as not relevant to nursing.
Since there's no way to tab to aligned the bullets and right-justify the dates, I used ^ instead.
I'd do it this way:
Alice Young, BSN PHN RN
6800 Dark Street Light City, AB 00000 900-000-0000 [email protected]
Considerate Registered Nurse
Energetic and motivated leader dedicated to driving top-quality patient care. Looking for a position in a top-notch facility with a commitment to innovative processes.
PROFESSIONAL PROFILE Caring professional with solid work ethic. Team player able to relate to people at any level.
Demonstrated aptitude for developing new skills.
Solid understanding of all aspects of patient counseling and care.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONSRegistered Nurse in State of AB, License number <number>
BLS, ACLS, PALS & EKG certified by <agency>, <date>
SKILL HIGHLIGHTS Patient assessment skills^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Patient education skills
Med/Surg^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Korean language fluency
Microsoft Office Suite^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Typing speed 60 wpm
Cerner Charting skills^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Epic Charting skills
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCEABC COMPANY, <location, state> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Mar 2013-present
Contracted at <where> on per-diem basis for <original hire reason>.
Assisted with variety of on-site Health Screening stations, (finger-stick, blood pressure, body fat, height/weight/waist circumference, bone mineral density, etc).
Provided Health Coaching/Education by analyzing results, providing constructive feedback and making recommendations for improvement based on set guidelines.
Acted as liaison with clients and other appropriate partners.
Administered on-site immunizations.
EDUCATIONFGH STATE UNIVERSITY, IJ City, Bachelor of Science in Nursing ^^^^^^^ Aug 2012
Graduated Cum Laude; GPA: 3.7
Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society
KLM COLLEGE, IJ City, Associate Degree in Health Sciences ^^^^^^^^^ May 2010
Deans Honor List: 2008, 2009 & 2010
STUDENT CLINICAL EXPERIENCEMedical/Surgical Internship, MOUNTAINOUS MEDICAL CENTER ^^^^^ May - Aug 2012
Provided direct nursing care up to 4 patients with a wide range of diagnoses on a 30-bed combined Med/Surg, Telemetry, Oncology and Orthopedic floor with minimum assistance from nurse preceptor.
Educated patients and families on safety precautions, home care and discharge planning.
Monitored, recorded and reported symptoms and changes in patients' conditions.
Facilitated admissions, discharges and transfers.
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCECDE Nail Salon ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Feb 2007 - present
Manager, Sep 2010-present
Manicurist, Feb 2007-Aug 2010
Recognized with Best Nail Design Award 2008 & 2009
VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIESCommunity Volunteer ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Summer 2012
NU Preschool: Assisted teachers to support preschoolers with a history or at risk of child abuse
NA Clinic, NX Church: Provided nursing care to the homeless population
Hospital Volunteer, ZW Hospital ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Summer 2010
- 0Apr 18, '13 by EricJRNAgree with jennafezz that you just need to go over the details a bit as far as consistent punctuation. You could probably also leave out the word "charting." You could just use Cerner and Epic, as those are understood to be documentation systems. You could also say "EMR documentation experience with Cerner and Epic."
I'd like to compliment you on how objective your resume is. Every component of your resume is verifiable. Resumes are often loaded with adjectives that can't really be verified - caring, compassionate, driven. Those types of descriptions take up space without adding value to the resume.
Good luck to you!