My story is that I was working on a med-surg unit for a few months, but I recently resigned because it was just too much for me to start with. I honestly tried to stick the job out, but I couldn't. So I have three months experience and not a whole lot of genuine experience to write of while I search for new jobs.
Anyway, here I tried to highlight some of the experiences I did gain at my first job, while pointing out my student experiences and past career. Unfortunately, I don't feel I have enough to let my resume leak to two pages, but this is just a tad
First, I combined my Objective and Skills Summary sections to just the Objective at the top to A) put it together and B) not waste space with "I want a job with __ etc," as suggested on another site. tl;dr - I just let the objective space be a highlight of clinical skills to save space.
I know that I can cut some of the silly clinical sites out, but I just have them all listed here so I can modify with whatever jobs I may apply for.
I was also thinking of cutting out the tutoring job altogether, as while it's relevant, I don't find it really as
relevant as anything else on the page, and it would definitely cut down the resume to the proper length.
Any thoughts? Specifically I'm looking at my objectives section. I tried to list everything relevantly but it just seems so... wordy? Unless it's okay? As you can tell I'm not really sure so any help would be appreciated! Thank you! c:
*Also, I cut sensitive information from this resume, in case it's not readily obvious.
Name, RN / contact information listed at top
Learned nursing skills applied in clinical settings to deliver assistance to clients with illness or life changes. Development of patient assessments, multitasking skills, decision-making skills, and therapeutic communication, on cardiovascular-pulmonary unit. Read EKGs and documented with electronic medical records daily.
Worked with variety of age groups as a student including infants, children, women of maternal age, middle-age clients, and elderly.
Previous utilization of leadership, decision-making, and personal interactions as manager and experienced resource. Hard-working, reliable, and compassionate with clients and coworkers.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Cumulative GPA: (above 3.5)
Dean's List, (dates); Member, Xi Delta Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International, graduated A University with Magna Cum Laude
Healthy Aging, Selected Topics in Nursing (Clinical Practicum), Advanced Clinical Simulation in Nursing
Clinical Experience: Clinical Rotations
- Visiting student nurses
- Med-surg unit A
- Med-surg unit B
- Psych location
- School for children with intellectual disabilities
- Maternity unit
- Pediatric hospital
- High school
- LTC center
- Responsible for care of patients daily on a cardiovascular-pulmonary focused medical-surgical floor. Collaborated with other healthcare professionals to provide competent care. Communicated with patients therapeutically and provided education as needed.
- Member of food preparation team. Direct customer interaction in take-out services.
- Excellent customer service provided to individual tables at restaurant. Multitasking skills required to provide service to multiple clientele.
Tutoring center, (location)
- Tutored Anatomy and Physiology students and basic algebra for Academic Development Program students.
- Challenged students academically, taught study skills, and assisted students to work together in a learning environment.
Miniature golf course, (location)
(dates), seasonally (summers).
- Cashier and food server. Provided excellent customer service. Worked for grounds maintenance.
(dates), seasonally (summers).
- Delegated tasks to employees. Direct customer interaction related to satisfaction and/or concerns. Made final decisions including those related to dissatisfaction and customer safety due to adverse weather.