This is what I have on mine:
Senior Preceptorship, ***** Medical Center
, City, CA, January-April 2014
Mother baby unit
- performed the role of a registered nurse under the supervision of a preceptor RN, providing comprehensive care to newborns, mothers and families. Provided culturally-sensitive care to patients and their families; assessed mothers and newborns; administered IV, oral, ocular and parenteral medications; tended to surgical incisions and skin tears; referred patients to community resources and providers; educated patients.
Other nursing school clinical experience
- ***** Medical Center, 270 hours. Included rotations in ED, ICU, cardiac cath lab and surgical units.
- ***** Medical Center, 90 hours
- various locations throughout ****** County, 90 hours
- Name of Hospital ED; ****** Schools, 90 hours
- ****** Schools, 90 hours
Additionally, I have two other nursing jobs
NOT in the area of nursing I am pursuing. This is listed below them, and below that, I have listed my other healthcare experience. I have a few different resumes, but one that's pretty general, and this is what's listed on the general one. On the one for women's health, I have a more descriptive explanation of my senior preceptorship. For the general one, I tried to stick with things that you'll see more in med/surg, clinics, etc.
Yes, this is listed under my professional experience. I have it listed as professional experience, rather than work experience, because this wasn't necessarily work, but I feel that it contributes to my professional experience.