I would appreciate it if someone can critique my cover letter and resume. Thanks in advance!
In a word processor this takes up two pages. Personal info edited out for privacy.
June 8, 2014
Human Resource Person
Some Hospital Name
City, State Zip Code
Dear Human Resource Person:
I am responding to the Registered Nurse job posted on the hospital's web site for a licensed RN with CPR certification.The RN must utilize the nursing process to ensure the provision of quality patient care. Providing a therapeutic environment through safe, accurate and timely medication and IV administration and taking responsibility for the nursing components of the patient/family/significant other educational process are requirements for this position. Communication to and evaluation of understanding of team members, patients, and their families is another important skill.
I am interested in filling this position and I meet your requirements. I have experience
In caring for this population of patients because my preceptorship was on this unit. The high quality care I provided earned praise form my preceptor, patients, families, and my instructor. All medications were administered safely and in a timely manner and patients and their families were taught the use, generic and brand names, side effects, symptoms to report, and interactions of their medications. Patients, their families, and co-workers were evaluated for their understanding of information through validation.
I believe I am qualified to fill this position. I believe this is an exciting opportunity. I would welcome the chance to discuss my qualifications further.
- Cared for transplant patients
- Communication skills and customer service skills
- Ability to stay calm in emergency situations
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced setting
- Team player
- Proficiency in electronic documentation systems, Microsoft Windows (all) and Microsoft Office Suite
ABC University Bachelor of Science in Nursing,20xx
DEF Community Collage Associates in Applied Science in Nursing, 20xx
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Registered Nurse: State Board of Nursing, Current
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support- Current
Private Duty Nurse, 2012-2014
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Medication administration
- Catheter insertion and removal
- IV insertion and monitoring
- Wound care
- Dressing changes
- Preceptorship-ABC Hospital-City, State, 20xx
- Medical-Surgical I- DEF Hospital-City, State, 20xx
- Medical Surgical II-GHI Hospital- City, State, 20xx
- Pediatrics-JKL Hospital- City, State, 20xx
- OB/GYN- MNO Hospital- City, State, 20xx
- Psych- PQR Hospital- City, State, 20xx