I graduated in June and am finally looking for a job. Please let me know what I can do in order to improve. Since I know not much time is spent reading these things, I am trying to keep it short and simple. Also, since i don't have previous medical experience I am trying to tie in how my past skills can transfer into useful nursing skills. PLEASE HELP. Thanks in advance.
PS I apologize in advance about the formatting.
- Registered Nurse License- RNXXXXXXX
- GPA 3.35
- Certification in Basic Life Support
- Fluent in Spanish
AUGUST 2015- JUNE 2017
Associates in Applied Science in Nursing- Clark College, Vancouver, Wa
Associates of Arts- Clark College, Vancouver, Wa
- 04/17/17_05/27/17- Legacy Good Samaritan Hospital- Rehabilitation (160hours)
- 02/22/17-03/09/17- Unity Center for Behavioral Health- Pediatrics (80 hours)
- 01/18/17-02/16/17- PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center- Neuroscience (80 hours)
- 09/27/16- 11/24/16- PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center- Cardiac Unit (160 hours)
- 04/14/16- 06/3/16- PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center- Med-Surg Unit (120 hours)
- 01/19/16-03/03/16- Free Clinic of Southwest Washington (100 hours)
- 10/20/15-11/24/15- Fort Vancouver Assisted Living (80 hours)
MAY, 2012- PRESENT
Waitress / Manager- Name of employer, XXXXXXXX, Wa
- Multitasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Prioritizing tasks.
- Provide fast and friendly customer service.
- Anticipate customer needs.
- Developed skills to manage the establishment. Including but not limited to ordering products, scheduling staff, and bookkeeping.
- Responsible for training new staff.
MAY, 2011- MAY 2012
Assistant Manager - Name of Employer, XXXXXXXX, Wa
- Developed the proper skills to properly manage the establishment under the direction of owner and general manager.
- Prioritizing tasks
- Multitasking in a fast-paced environment while supervising multiple staff in their roles
- Responsible for reporting and managing daily sales.
- Monitoring film projectors, anticipating problems and fixing any issues.
APRIL, 2008- MAY, 2011
Floor Staff - Name of Employer, XXXXXXXX, Wa
- Served customers purchases and provided great customer service.
- Responsible for own cash register and its continents.
JUNE, 2008- JANUARY 2009
Cashier - Name of Employer, XXXXXXX, Wa
- Assisted customers with their purchases.
Providence Health & Services
Address of business,
Portland, OR xxxx
Dear Hiring Manager,
I am writing to express my interest in the open position in the Operating Room as a Registered Nurse. I am a recent Clark College graduate and am looking to not only enhance my skills but also become a positive and productive member of your healthcare team. I am eager to help Providence Health & Services continue to provide holistic, high quality medical, and compassionate care to the residents of Portland.
My strong work ethic, teamwork, respect, accountability and honesty have gained me managing positions in past and present jobs. I am comfortable working in a fast-paced, multitasking environment and anticipating customer needs. My skills can be transformed from tending to customer needs, to using my education and learned skills to care for patient needs. I am ready to be challenged and settle into a career that will positively impact the community. By being part of the Perioperative team, I know I will be challenged in my skills, and I am ready to meet and surpass your expectations. My fluency in Spanish can be an asset to your medical team in order to provide safe and fast medical care to Spanish speaking patients and their families.
I welcome the opportunity to meet for an interview and answer any questions, at the time most convenient to you. Please contact me by phone or e-mail to schedule an interview and discuss the chance of becoming part of your healthcare team.